Director, Financial Planning & Analysis P
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Job Posting Title: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Department: Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: New York, NY
Truly premium content. At true scale.
ViacomCBS Streaming is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are an enthusiastic group helping to lead the future of media and technology by providing Financial Planning support to all of ViacomCBS Streaming, specifically to Paramount .
Paramount is looking for a Director to join their Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York, NY.
The Director will focus primarily on Paramount Domestic. Paramount includes content from CBS, BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian Channel, TV Land, VH1, Paramount Pictures and other sports programming as well as original streaming content.
As part of an aligned FP&A team, the Director will report to the Sr. Director, FP&A and will assist in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of forecasts and budgets, tracking performance, managing monthly operating expenses, and using analysis to assist in driving informed decision making.
This position offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity within a successful and growing global media organization. It will provide wide ranging exposure to the evolving interactive content industry while working within the broader media umbrella of ViacomCBS Corporation.
• Your Day-to-Day:
• Build and maintain complex financial models to support the budgeting, forecasting and expansion of Paramount
• Own the daily financial management and KPI reporting of the Paramount Domestic division including, but not limited to, subscriber trends, revenue & expense projections, and ad sales performance
• Create strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization, and core business metrics and to drive better decisions and results
• Maintain a strong understanding of operating performance (e.g. KPIs, subscribers), major deals and transactions, issues and challenges facing the businesses, and relevant trends in the streaming business
• Work with different business partners around the company (HR, Product, Engineering, Marketing,etc.) gaining insight and knowledge that could affect forecasts
• Prepare new and recurring presentation decks for senior level executives
• Manage two direct reports with potential to expand the team
• Serve as the FP&A point of contact in new deal approvals while also providing financial recommendations as deals are negotiated
• Ad hoc requests and analyses will be frequent
What you bring to the team:
• Bachelor's Degree required
• 10 years experience in Banking, Strategy, Finance or equivalent quantitative roles; Direct-to-Consumer experience in a streaming media role is highly preferred
• High level of proficiency in Excel, experience in preparing complex financial models and manipulating large datasets
• Strong communication skills with ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners including Business Development, Strategy, and Marketing
• Experience in a highly analytical environment
• Strong work ethic and an acute attention to detail required
• Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects concurrently
• Challenge the status quo and bring up new ideas
• Actively seek diverse views and foster an inclusive team environment
• Positively contribute to a culture of people development and learning
You might also have:
• Finance/Economics/Mathematics major preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
• Experience with P&L management and forecasting
• Prior experience in digital media, specifically in a subscription-based role, is highly desirable
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
ViacomCBS believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, ViacomCBS requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
?Click for more details
As ViacomCBS begins the process of returning to the office in the US, there are a few key dates to keep in mind
• The first dose of the Moderna vaccine should be no later than November 29.
• The first dose of the Pfizer vaccine should be no later than December 6.
• The J&J vaccine should be administered no later than December 27.