Director, Data Operations
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Marketing Acquisition & Campaign Services (MACS) team is a performance driven paid digital marketing team that provides in-house strategy, activation, operations, and analytic support to brands across the entire ViacomCBS portfolio. This includes overseeing media campaigns for the ViacomCBS streaming services, brand consumer marketing teams, consumer product teams, content distribution, and corporate communications / B2B marketing.
As Director of Data Operations for the MACS team you will be reporting into the VP of Operations with the future possibility of overseeing a Data Operations org. You will oversee all duties related to the advertising and data technologies that will allow the group to successfully execute paid media buys. The primary focus of this will be ownership of all data capture for both analysis and audience creation purposes. This will include managing the technical requirements and implementation of all related platforms and vendors, while ensuring compliance from a legal and privacy-safe perspective. A mature knowledge of current and future privacy regulations as well as individual platform nuances and industry roadmaps/shifts is a requirement. You will also assist in the presentation and explanation of all related technologies to internal MACS stakeholders, ViacomCBS partners, and external 3 rd parties.
The ideal candidate wants to work for ViacomCBS' portfolio of strong brands, has a passion for delivering comprehensive solutions for our clients' business objectives, enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment and thrives in quick-changing and non-traditional media outlets.
• Work with the VP of Operations and SVP of MACS to own and help implement the overarching paid media data / audience capture strategy and related technologies for the MACS org.
• Coordinate with individual activation and data platform vendors on how best to implement paid media tracking technologies across the related ViacomCBS websites and apps.
• DMP / CDP / MMP / CRM / Data aggregation partners
• Onboarding and Data activation services
• DSPs and Social Media Buying Platforms
• Ad Servers
• Marketing APIs
• Help lead the implementation of several vendor-specific data analysis tools and connections as the major vendors in the industry (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc) proceed to restrict access to their 1 st
• Google Ads Data Hub
• Amazon Marketing Cloud
• Facebook API
• Snapchat API
• Interact with the above vendors on their internal data aggregation tools and owning the implementation and communication of these platforms to the MACS team, technology teams, brand partners, and external 3 rd
• Working with the ViacomCBS Data & Insights Group, Data Governance, Legal, and Privacy to understand how the related technologies will change and shift as new privacy and data requirements are enacted due to everchanging state, federal, and international laws.
• Work with Data Governance, Legal, and Privacy to ensure all data privacy requirements and regulations are fully understood, communicated, and followed within the MACS org and its related partners.
• Own Creation, implementation, and QA of data collection technology (pixels, SDKs, URLs, 1x1 trackers, APIs, etc) from platforms needed for designated MACS campaigns. This includes coordination with the media analytics teams, site & app teams, and activation teams.
• Oversee the creation of actionable data for marketing purposes across the internal MACS org, ViacomCBS brand partners, and vetted external 3 rd
• Able to work nights and/or weekends for occasional high profile campaigns
• Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and processes, communicating how they would affect existing processes/platforms in the MACS portfolio
• Can translate complex technical processes to non-technical audiences both internally and externally to MACS
• Ability to own communications between multiple teams with different structures and business priorities
• Includes skills in knowing how to determine what are the right questions to ask to move a process forward
• Process-oriented, but adaptable to change due to ever-shifting digital landscape
• Always wants to be learning new things and pushing to make things more efficient and productive
• Experience with implementation, usage, and maintenance of custom data analysis platforms
• Google Ads Data Hub
• Amazon Marketing Cloud
• Knowledge of statistical computer languages (SQL, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
• Experience with CDPs, DMPs, CRM and other forms of data/audience collection and analysis tools
• Salesforce Audience Studio, Adobe Audience Manager, etc.
• Experience with ad servers, creative trafficking, and mobile measurement partners
• Google Campaign Manager 360, Innovid, Google Web Design, etc.
• Kochava, AppsFlyer, etc
• Experience with audience creation and data activation inside of media buying platforms
• Customer match in programmatic DSPs and paid social media activation platforms
• Google Marketing Platforms, Verizon Media Platforms, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc.
• Direct digital media buying and activation experience a plus
• Experience with Site/App Analytics and Tag Management solutions a plus
• Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
• Google Tag Manager, Tealium, etc
• Jira experience required
• Experience with Data Warehouse Software a plus
• Google Big Query, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, etc
• Experience in marketing, advertising, or advertising technology in the Entertainment Streaming space a plus
• BA degree in Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering or similar subject
• 4 years of direct experience at a brand, agency, or related vendor in digital media field or role