Director, Cross Product Data Coordination
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2021 2:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Director, Cross Product Data Coordination jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Cross Product Data Coordination postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Cross Product Data Coordination? Overview and Responsibilities
Join our ViacomCBS International Streaming team! ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across digital/streaming and traditional platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people. ViacomCBS is home to premiere global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. This includes ViacomCBS streaming offering across both paid, with Paramount /CBS All Access, Showtime, Noggin, and free with Pluto.TV. ViacomCBS media networks include Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe and Paramount Channel.
The streaming Data & Analytics team is looking for a Cross-product Data Coordination; reporting to the VP of Data & Analytics, this role works closely with the International streaming team, the Domestic streaming team and Pluto US analytics & insights teams.
Data analytics & data science is at the heart of decision making in streaming and drives critical decisions across marketing, content & customer service. We are scaling up our international data analytics team for streaming to transform how we handle customers across all life cycles. Through testing, we drive business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights, and product improvement decision-support. We are looking for a Data Coordination Director who is passionate about data and entertainment and who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
This role helps in ensuring the required data for the international streaming team is flowing into the international data-lake from multiple sources across Pluto, Paramount and partner systems. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration and understanding of large-scale cloud data platform infrastructure. In this role you will work directly with analytics, data architecture, and data engineering partners to ensure our data ecosystem maintains the highest standards for data quality across our international footprint.
Objectives & functions
• Rapidly prototype, build and deploy production level analytical models to monitor critical datasets via streaming and batch processes
• Understanding business requirements and translating them into meaningful specifications while owning end-to-end data lifecycle including how data should be tracked and measured for analysis, reporting and data quality assurance
• Perform cross system data investigations and analysis to discover data inconsistencies, outlining path to remediation for development teams
• Understand the systems and business processes that populate important systems with data.
• Work with partners to outline and define data definitions and apply appropriate usage
• Perform data audits, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements, and help implement fixes
• Work to support engineering teams tasked with ingestion of datasets as a domain specialist
• Build and manage key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand
• Document and implement data quality policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments
• Engage with key partners (marketing, content, operations, finance) to understand business objectives and support these objectives by ensuring dta consistency and availability.
• Engage with technology teams and data engineers to build solutions for managing tracking and customer behaviors.
• BS or BEng in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math/Statistics, etc.) is desired
• Analytical experience, and experience with Python, Spark and SQL
• Cloud experience (AWS preferred)
• Familiarity with security controls for cloud automation and configuration tooling and data platforms and applications such as Snowflake, Redshift.
• Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
• Strong interpersonal skills and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and technical skills to solve issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate to the change to the organization
• Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations / solutions in a timely manner
• A keen eye for data quality, meticulous attention to detail and a high level of intellectual curiosity
• Previous experience at an entertainment studio and/or streaming platform a plus
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure including managing distributed applications on cloud infrastructure (e.g. Amazon AWS)
• Experience in technology or streaming industry, knowledge of data and product a plus.
• Capability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
#LI-KA1 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.