Director, Creative Strategy & Editorial
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Creative Strategy & Editorial coordinates content and provides conceptual mentorship and direction for products and projects that support the ViacomCBS consumer products business. The position will focus primarily on properties that appeal to the Adult & Superfan demographic. This role maintains the quality, accuracy, and integrity of property content and characters as they are translated from on-air into consumer products, digital applications, marketing initiatives, recreation and advertising outlets. This role collaborates with internal Research and Insights teams, Show Production, Key Licensees, ViacomCBS Business Teams, our Retail Marketing team and all internal product development leads to support the product development process and communication of themes for all of ViacomCBS's properties.
• Nurture an in-depth knowledge of a portfolio of properties across ViacomCBS with in-depth focus on Adult & Superfan properties.
• Review the editorial aspects of all product/promotional submissions and ensure that detailed feedback is in line with overall project objectives.
• Write copy for and review all style and packaging guides pertaining to product development.
• Conceive and draft copy for Global Creative Group, Home Video, Online, Consumer Products, Franchise Management, Promotions Marketing, Publishing, Games, Live Events and other businesses as needed.
• Initiate and draft Creative Strategy documents with all pertinent research, descriptions, creative essence & product development rules.
• Collaborate with Franchise Leads to initiate and complete Creative Briefs for core style and packaging guides; provide ongoing strategic direction to Design, Illustration and Packaging teams throughout guide development.
• Lead brainstorm sessions for retail programs related to ViacomCBS brands.
• Present content immersions and updates to internal teams and external partners.
• Provide up-to-date property knowledge for all upcoming episodes, new characters and storylines.
• Provide strategic mentorship and support to Global Creative Group pitch development.
• Minimum 5 years writing experience, preferably in relation retail sales and marketing
• Minimum 3 years experience in consumer products business or understanding of product development process
• Highly creative and a problem solver
• Strong verbal communication
• Creative Writer
• Understanding of superfans, their aspirations and behavior trends
• Curiosity about rich and extended story worlds, their mythology and characters
• Imaginative Idea Generator
• A highly developed feel for Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Paramount, MTV, BET and all ViacomCBS brands
• Passion for and deep knowledge of VCBS movies, TV shows & story franchises beloved by adults and Superfans (e.g. South Park, Star Trek, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Avatar: The Last Airbender)
• Teammate who is articulate, flexible, collaborative and has a phenomenal sense of humor!
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Keynote