Director, Creative Strategy & Cultural Insights
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Velocity is a branded content studio. We ensure our brand partners are always part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
At Velocity, we value diversity of thought, and think your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience. We view the world not only from our desks, but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better marketers.
Velocity Creative Strategy & Cultural Insights is responsible for unearthing insights about different audiences and the cultural context in which they exist. The Director will contribute to projects for both internal and external partners, takes part in brainstorms, crafts culture-forward narratives for thought leadership initiatives and for creative strategy development. You will help ensure that Velocity project content is always on track. You will also work closely with our research teams and provide operational and executional support on a wide variety of assignments, including, but not limited to: research, analysis, storytelling, and project management.
None of your days will be the same, and projects and team needs are always changing. The optimal Director will need to get up to speed quickly and possess a deep desire to think of creative ways to tell a story. Our operation is like a small start-up within a larger corporate entity, so being a quick study will count for a lot. Being someone who is resistant to change will not. Sound like you? Good, join us!
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-disciplinary working team(s) dedicated to executing projects (e.g., creative briefs, research studies, workshops, videos, creative concepts, industry analyses, presentations & events)
- Research and analyze germaine industry and cultural trends, evaluate business problems and develop strategies to apply audience and cultural insights to brands and marketers
- Envision innovative ways to approach research, storytelling and delivery of thought leadership
- Write and edit public-facing materials (e.g.: reports, articles, whitepapers & newsletters) to promote cultural intelligence studies
- 7 years of experience in research, marketing strategy or brand planning at an advertising agency, brand strategy or consulting firm
- Excellent ability to research, assess and analyze trends and business problems
- Experience drafting project assignments, preparing briefing materials, and managing timelines
- Strong wordsmith and storyteller
- A wizard in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, Excel, Outlook, and Google
- A strong interest in consumer brands, media, business and culture, and the ability to think and write critically about how these elements interact
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to work collaboratively to share ideas
- A knack for developing internal team infrastructure, such as analyses, research, presentation materials, project management tools, etc.
- Excellent desk research skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment