Director, Commercial Operations, Americas & Asia
ViacomCBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Global Distribution Group is responsible for the distribution of series and features to Free TV, FVOD, Pay TV, SVOD, Basic Cable, Pay-per-view, Video-on-demand and Electronic sell-through/download to own (EST/DTO).
Commercial Operations facilitates the sales and licensing efforts of International Content Distribution. Primarily working with the regional sales executives, Commercial Operations supports fundamental processes, from initial sales lead through deal approval in CRM, to complex analytical support to measure deal integrity and drive revenue.
The Director, Commercial Operations facilitates the revenue goals of International Content Distribution. The Director leads a centralized team, and provides guidance and training for local support teams, to ensure seamless, effortless support for all International Content Licensing regional sales executives. In addition, the Director shall provide tools for senior management to ensure deal integrity, track performance metrics, and help develop and share best practices to help our sales team drive revenue.
include but not limited to:
• Oversees a team which will provide support for sales negotiations thru facilitating financial analyses, pre-approval of payment/accounting issues, technical security/legal queries, etc., to help the development/shaping of the larger output agreements.
• Help recruit, train and ultimately supervise Licensing Strategy team
• Coordinate benchmarking of deal terms and fees to ensure deal integrity and consistency of business terms and policies.
• Monitor CRM deal workflow tasks including customer setup, customer maintenance, deal entry and approval routing
• Oversee deal memo process and commercial deal changes in CRM
• Enforce business and usage rules
• Coordinate with regional sales, deal management and internal groups as needed during deal preparation and deal management
• Field customer inquiries and coordinate with internal groups as needed
• Oversee avail curation for self-published SVOD and AVOD sites. Maximize profitability by coordinating the flow of titles between licensing opportunities and self-publishing monetization.
• Monitor franchise and library management with Content Distribution team
• Minimum 6 years work experience in Television Distribution, preferably with an international background.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Power Point, and Excel
• Proficiency in design software a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines
• Familiar with a variety of industry concepts and properties
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Self-motivated, pro-active; Flexible attitude, Positive outlook