Director, Business Analytics, Planning, and Strategy
ViacomCBSStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV, etc. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution, and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The CBS Entertainment Group, a ViacomCBS company, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses including CBS Studios and CBS Television Network.
We are seeking a Director to join our Business Analytics, Planning, and Strategy Team for CBS Studios/CBS Entertainment. The department works closely with the CBS Studios/Entertainment finance teams to provide business analysis to senior management to help guide the decision making process. The types of analyses include: greenlight/series renewal analysis, series/platform profitability and cash flow analysis, long range plans, etc.
Reporting to the SVP, Business Analytics, Planning, and Strategy, the position will:
• Perform greenlight/pick-up analysis for both CBS Studios and CBS Television network projects, ensuring financials are presented accurately and concisely
• Further develop current long range planning model to be a more dynamic planning tool that can be updated on a regular basis
• Maintain accurate list of series production assumptions by working closely with various departments (Finance & Planning, Production Finance, Business Affairs, Creative, etc)
• Evaluate current forecasting and planning processes and help redesign/implement new state-of-art tools aimed at increasing efficiency
• Carry out other ad-hoc analysis as needed
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• MBA or CPA preferred
• Minimum 7 years related experience
• Investment banking or management consulting experience preferred
• Media/entertainment experience strongly preferred
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines
• Requires strong analytical skills to analyze financial data
• Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Oracle, TM1 and Cognos helpful