Director, Business Analysis - Streaming
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview & Responsibilities
ViacomCBS Te chnology has embarked on an exciting multi-year integration, transformation, and Cloud deployment strategy, spanning worldwide across all technology areas. We are looking for experienced business intelligence / data analyst change agents to join the Media Supply Chain team who can successfully identify, create, and implement transformation programs aligned to our strategies.
The Director, Business Analysis – Streaming will play a pivotal role in business planning, analysis, and decision-support for the fut ure-state integrated ViacomCBS design as directed by Technology leadership. You will be working with most levels of the organization – from senior leadership to hands-on execution – and must have success delivering transformation activities. This position will report to the VP, Media Supply Chain Analysis.
• Lead business intelligence and data-driven analysis across the Media Supply Chain and Streaming / OTT space for the Technology organization.
• Support strategic and tactical decision-maki ng to understand the health of the business through operational Key Performance Indicators.
• Present the team's work to key partners and handle the pipeline of planned and ad-hoc requests. Nurture partner relationships to formulate reporting and analytic re quirements that meet their needs.
• Lead complex, process improvement projects to enhance business performance in the streaming space.
• Support f inancial analysis with technical and business leaders to achieve the transformation initiatives.
• Consolidate existi ng information into usable management tools.
• Use data to build models that depict trends and business insights. Provide clear, insightful interpretation of available internal and external data.
• Develop reports / dashboards showing the state of key performa nce metrics for senior leadership.
• Collaborate with multi-functional teams to provide a broad approach and execution plan to meet both user and business goals.
• Work closely with internal data science and engineering teams to evolve and maintain data analys is tools.
• Create, communicate, and steer annual roadmaps containing short-, mid-, and long-term projects that make valuable contributions to the business.
• Develop high- / mid- l evel rollout plans. Manage project scope, schedule, budget, and reporting.
• Assis t with evaluating new technologies.
• Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field (Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Systems, Business, or related scientific / technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• 8 years of experience in Streaming / OTT / SVOD / AVOD / FAST working with tech & data teams within the Media & Entertainment space.
• Solid experience with collecting reporting requirements and transforming ideas into dashboards / r eports (e.g., in Tableau or similar BI and data visualization tools).
• Solid attention to detail with a penchant for data accuracy.
• Flexible and adaptable: ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
• 6 years of direct experience wit h identifying, leading, and implementing Digital Transformation initiatives, preferably in large, complex organizations.
• 3 years direct experience working with Agile teams at scale.
• Ability to draw key insights from data and deliver tangible results.
• Strong collaboration and teamwork; ability to work in an agile fashion across teams.
• Strong problem-solving skills via a methodical and logical approach.
• Good communication skills and proficiency to summarize data-based insights into written documents and present in executive meetings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong writing skills, including the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages both for executive summaries and detailed analytical reports.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills for an executive audience.
• Experience in Media Supply Chain and operations enhancements.
• Experience in Supply Chain Analytics using AI / ML is a plu s.
• Experience developing business process maps / visual flow representation.
• Familiarit y with Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) framework, Agile/Lean Principles a plus.