Director, Ad Sales Research & Insights
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
The Ad Sales Research & Insights team is a division of ViacomCBS Ad Sales. We elevate the value of ViacomCBS' diverse and distributed audiences for advertising partners. We empower our sellers with measurement, strategic insights and data clout for their clients. This group is charged with making the consumer connection with ViacomCBS' many varied audiences across all platforms by providing expertise in generational and life stage segments. We specialize in studies, surveys, data sets and metrics that help internal and external clients further their knowledge of targets, engagement, consumerism, ad efficiency and culture.
On this team, we value diversity of thought, and we believe your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience! We view the world not only from our desks, but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better researchers and strategists.
Overview & Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP of Ad Sales Research & Insights, the Director will be an experienced leader managing the ad sales research efforts regarding performance and impact of partnerships across all ViacomCBS brands and beyond. The Director works on a team that specializes in ad effectiveness measurement for big tentpole sponsorships, key top shelf programming partnerships and integrations, digital/social campaigns, influencer partnerships and advanced advertising campaigns.
None of your days will be the same, and projects and team needs are always changing! Our operation is like a small start-up within a larger corporate entity, so being a quick learner will count for a lot. Being someone who is resistant to change will not. Sound like you?
The day to day:
• Measure the performance and impact of traditional and non-traditional advertising campaigns
• Lead these studies with various third party vendors and clients' metrics
• Oversee and guide vendor relationships to ensure full picture measurement, budget, timing and final deliverables meet forecasts
• Possess strong data proficiency and project management skills and set a high standard on how results are brought to life and visualized to support priorities and partnerships
• Lead development of innovative and strategic research pieces rooted in results that advance the business, establish expertise on key products and business objectives
• Effectively manage, motivate and inspire staff to increase their potential and growth
• Compellingly present effectiveness campaign results, as well as data-driven research, to internal and external audiences
• 8 years' experience in media or consumer research
• 5 years managing ad effectiveness studies from start to finish
• Highly skilled in various ad effectiveness testing methodologies (brand lift studies, geolocation studies, digital/social studies, sales lift studies)
• An experienced leader, able to train, inspire and mentor the team to elevate their work, think innovatively and deliver strong customer service to our internal stakeholders and clients
• An interest in elevating up results into strong case studies and sales collateral that highlight the impact of ViacomCBS partnerships
• Proficiency in working with a wide variety of third party vendors and capabilities
• Impressive communicator with strong interpersonal skills and a desire to lead and work collaboratively to share ideas
• Ability to solve problems strategically, think creatively and be an assertive leader and facilitator of collaboration
• A pro in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, Excel and Outlook
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail, ability to work and lead under pressure and multitask