ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Counsel, Showtime Networks
We at Showtime Networks are seeking a junior transactional attorney to support its business and product development, sports and events programming, digital media, marketing, creative services, network operations and public relations departments. The attorney will:
• review, negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial agreements, including vendor, master services, production services, advertising, licensing, information technology, software and application development, and non-disclosure agreements
• review marketing materials and press releases and advise clients on a wide range of issues in connection with traditional media, streaming platforms and social media including intellectual property, right of privacy, right of publicity, and defamation, and
• anticipate and identify issues and risks, and recommend potential solutions.
• At least 2 years commercial transaction experience in a law firm and/or as in-house counsel
• JD degree, admission to NY State bar
• Excellent oral and written communication skills -- ability to explain complex legal concepts to staff at all levels of the company, build consensus and achieve strong client satisfaction
• Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Excellent work ethic, business judgment, follow-through skills and ability to prioritize
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work as part of a collegial team
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to perform well under pressure while performing multiple tasks for a diverse client base
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.