ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
ViacomCBS is seeking a talented, experienced and creative privacy lawyer to assist with a broad range of privacy, information security and privacy compliance initiatives. The role involves advising internal clients on the various legal risks, obligations, and other privacy compliance issues. The Counsel, Privacy will play a key role in the team that envisions, designs, develops and implements a pragmatic data privacy and data protection program. The position requires an innovative, forward-thinking and results-oriented individual with a passion to solve complex problems in a creative and pragmatic way and to translate laws and regulations into impactful policies and procedures that enable business objectives.
• NY or CA Bar Certification
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in the privacy profession and knowledge of global privacy laws including GDPR and CCPA
• IAPP Certifications CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPP/IT and/or CIPT preferred.
• Experience with US data breach laws and incident response.
• Experience advising on cyber risk and IT compliance issues.
• Experience with privacy in the digital space, including online behavioral advertising, CAN-SPAM, and TCPA.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to run simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters and collaborate with various teams and divisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.