Counsel, Digital Platforms
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2021 6:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Counsel, Digital Platforms jobs in New York-NY
Search all Counsel, Digital Platforms postings
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
About the Brand
ViacomCBS Streaming is the home to some of the world's preeminent innovative streaming services and digital video products, including Paramount , Pluto TV, CBSN, Noggin, CBSSportsHQ, BET and other premier online content networks for information and entertainment. It is a division of ViacomCBS, a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide.
ViacomCBS Streaming is looking to hire a Counsel, located in New York, to support a wide variety of legal functions for ViacomCBS Streaming's digital businesses. There will be a focus on the Nickelodeon family of brands (e.g. Nickelodeon ,Nick Jr., Noggin) and CBS Media Ventures brands (e.g. ET Live, Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, Rachael Ray, The Drew Barrymore Show, Dr. Phil and The Doctors).
Overview & Responsibilities:
• Support for ET Live and Noggin, two of ViacomCBS's streaming platforms
• Review, draft, negotiate and analyze a variety of commercial agreements, including digital content licensing and distribution, gaming, strategic partnerships, product development and engineering, advertising sales and operations, master service and vendor agreements, digital content production, native advertising and marketing
• Support for product, engineering, social media, and other digital business teams with advice across many subject areas including privacy and data protection laws and regulations, regulatory compliance and corporate compliance
• Support for live events, emerging products, and online/mobile gaming teams
• Oversee affiliate link program at ViacomCBS and provide editorial and product mentorship to teams regarding affiliate link best practices
• Work with Product teams to review product changes and advise on legal risks and potential issues
• Coordinate with litigation attorneys on enforcement and dispute matters
• Coordinate with show attorneys and standards & practices team who support linear content production
• Manage risk and advise regarding original content clearance and production and distribution of linear content
• Negotiate agreements that align with company policies and risk tolerance
• Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks, complex deals, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, online privacy, and negotiation strategy
• Developing and implementing policies, practices and strategic initiatives for the Nickelodeon network involving Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Children's Television Act (CTA) and FTC regulations
• JD degree with excellent academic credentials and global law firm experience in either corporate law or commercial and IP transactions; online media experience preferred; admitted to the New York or California Bar.
• Minimum of 5 years of transactional experience, which could include transactional experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, product counsel experience, and/or entertainment marketing or production experience.
• The successful candidate will be a diligent and proactive individual with excellent business judgment and critical thinking, and with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
• In-depth experience in contract drafting and analysis, with broad transactional background in areas such as digital distribution (including streaming), technology and content licensing, advertising, and services agreements.
• Experience working with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Children's Television Act (CTA) and FTC regulations with respect to children's content a plus.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively handle various projects with minimal day-to-day oversight/direction
• A veritable media superfan who loves an evolving work environment
Why You Should Join ViacomCBS Streaming
Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting innovative streaming services and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and content we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you happen to be a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in their ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.