ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Tentpoles, Events, Music & Specials (TEMS) is a cross channel group (BET, CMT, MTV/VH-1, Nickelodeon & Paramount ) primarily focused on ''in-house'' or ''internal'' productions. The group has overview of tentpoles, events, music series, video programming series, and specials whether in-house or 3rd party, as well as licensed productions. Examples of in-house productions this group is responsible for: MTV Movie & TV Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, CMT Music Awards, BET Awards, Black Girls Rock, NAACP Image Awards, Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards, CMT Crossroads, CMT Artist of the Year, Unplugged, Paramount Cradle to Stage, Yo! MTV Raps, Behind the Music, and much more. As in-house production, we coordinate all aspects of physical production; budgeting, scheduling, vendor negotiations, on-site execution, and ensuring productions are adhering to ViacomCBS standards and policies.
Must have at least 2-3 years of ''hands on, on-site'' production experience, be a self-starter, motivated, quick thinking, flexible and thorough. Ability to coordinate small and larger scale productions simultaneously, either internal or 3rd party. Excels in a demanding and fast paced environment requiring proactive and positive thinking and must exercise good judgment, show initiative and be a great teammate. Ability to coordinate multiple production responsibilities and projects with a focus on organization and attention to detail, while being flexible and capable of prioritizing shifting production and business needs. Must possess ability to anticipate production challenges and address in a professional manner. Be a continuous promoter and supporter of a multi-cultural inclusive environment and transparency. Position supports each in-house production team as needed.
Responsibilties & Duties
• Works closely with production managers, and production staff, as well as, internal producers to examine the needs of each production.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to create clear and effective lines of communication.
• Work within the framework of the company's financial software systems
• Create purchase orders and assist vendors with financial software as needed
• Create deal memos for crew and project-based staff
• Negotiate rates and terms with vendors, suppliers, and personnel as needed and directed
• Create and maintain contact sheets, call sheets, and other documents needed for all productions
• Set supervision on small-medium size shoots
• Set supervision for set-up and load-out during on-site production
• Schedule & facilitate meetings as required
• Maintain, review and update all production files on a regular and ongoing basis (SharePoint site)
• Assist team leaders by helping ensure on-site locations are well maintained with catering, medics and other facilities needed to have a safe and healthy environment
• Coordinate with other internal departments as needed to ensure all legal and safety parameters of a production are met and all deliverables are received and distributed appropriately
• Book travel for staff, crew and talent as needed
• Have a detailed, current ongoing knowledge of all crew proficiencies
• Act in an ethical and professional manner at all times, adhering to Viacom's code of conduct policies.
• Production Logistics:
• Monitor and assist as needed all the production systems and processes to ensure ongoing proactive supply of this service to clients during pre-production, production and post-production phases of a project
• Professional Development:
• Attend technical skill-building and professional development workshops on an annual basis
• Stay current with all industry trends as they apply to the overall job responsibilities
Skill Requirements & Experience
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in production management roles for television or film
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with personnel at all levels
• Requires a non-traditional work schedule and travel as needed
• Must have previous experience creating and handling contact sheets and call sheets
• Prior supervisory experience highly desired (Production Assistants)
• Set supervision experience highly desired
• Prior experience negotiating with vendors, suppliers, and personnel essential
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and be able to troubleshoot production issues that may arise with diplomacy and professionalism.
• Excellent organizational skills are critical.
• Must have a team mentality.
• Willingness to utilize skills across brands, as needed, and determined by supervisor. (i.e. PC for CMTMA, PA for VMA, work with locations and security to oversee health, safety & security for BET or Nickelodeon shows, etc.)
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, One Drive, Power Point, Teams, etc.), Zoom, Slack, Smart Accounting, SAP, ARIBA, Concur, Scenechronize.
• Position supervises the following positions: Production Assistants and other crew as needed
• Position reports to: Sr. Director or Director of PM, Line Producer, or Production Manager