Coordinator, Social Media
Full Time Job
Smithsonian Channel™, a ViacomCBS network, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing factual entertainment, available in HD and 4K Ultra HD across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel, winner of Emmy® and Peabody awards for its programming, is the home of popular genres such as air and space, travel, history, science, nature and pop culture. It is also available internationally in Canada, Singapore, Latin America, the UK and Ireland.
Our team is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to support development of social content calendars including writing copy and daily publishing across Smithsonian Channel social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok and others. They will assist in creative ideation, asset development and distribution to partners. Helping the team track against important dates to support timely and steady social rollout calendars. They will support all social initiatives, including linear marketing, and regular cross-brand collaboration with ViacomCBS brands, and other lines of business. The ideal candidate will be a skilled writer, copyeditor, and proofreader with a strong sense of project management and organizational skills. This person should be engaged and interested in social media with a strong interest in journalism and non-fiction storytelling!
• Maintain weekly content calendar in coordination with Social Media Manager.
• Works closely with social media/YouTube mangers and the content production team to execute social content supporting various initiatives.
• Help uphold quality standards by proofreading and fact-checking copy, verifying release details, and reviewing visual assets.
• Coordinate video and graphics content as needed to accompany content and package these various elements for distribution across partner and press platforms.
• Create and/or edit graphics-based assets for promotions including gifs, images, memes and infographics.
• Schedule social media copy, images, and videos across multiple platforms and perform quality assurance checks to ensure all content appears appropriately on all platforms
• Assist in monitoring mentions, identify social buzz and ideate content that will support key social KPIs.
• Perform data tagging on all posts to support efforts to track efficacy of content across platforms to better serve our diverse audiences.
• Contribute to community management across social channels and follow brand tone guidelines to actively engage and respond to followers while ideating, evolving, and increasing social engagement across platforms.
• Conduct competitive research assignments as needed
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1 years working in social media, preferably for a television, entertainment, or media company
• Strong written communication and copy writing skills, with a demonstrated understanding of following defined voice and tone especially for social platforms
• Experience researching and fact-checking written content