Coordinator, Library Archive
Full Time Job
Are you customer service focused individual with data entry experience and an interest in entertainment and media? If so, we are looking for a Library and Archive Services Coordinator to support the team that provides a variety of operations to productions across the Viacom Brands and Channels.
The Library and Archives Services department ensures that content is properly archived, managed, maintained and made accessible to all internal archive users. As a member of the team, you will assist those efforts by maintaining the company archive and proprietary database while providing support to productions and our employees.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Maintenance and Operation of proprietary database (Alias/VMS) and applications for research, tracking, cataloging and circulation of company assets.
• Develop and publish metadata standards for cataloging of all Viacom physical and digital assets.
• Catalog production elements to ensure searchability and re-use within the company.
• Conduct metadata correction for assets in the database to enhance consistency and improve search queries.
• Develop and implement submission standards and guidelines for the receipt of production assets
• Engage in internal and/or production-based research to identify assets related to artists, events, or programs.
• Process physical and/or digital file requests in a timely manner for production groups and other internal Viacom archive users.
• Assist user community with questions about workflows, submissions and archive processes.
• Restore, encode and ingest complex and physical assets to make digital files an available option in VMS.
• Quality control testing and troubleshooting of digital files to ensure they meet required technical specifications.
• Ensure the integrity of the library database system and relay service issues to applications team.
• Regularly review, update and/or change technological and operational workflows according to ViacomCBS' critical initiatives.
• Cultivate and maintain work-based relationships with outside productions and vendors such as post houses and Iron Mountain.
• Maintain comprehensive records of work for daily, monthly and project based work and reports.
• Degree in Library Science, Information Science, or equivalent work experience is helpful but not required
• Strong analytical, organizational and strategic thinking skills
• Familiarity with production and digital technologies
• Demonstration of good judgment and detail oriented
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work independently and in team environment
• Must have excellent interpersonal, follow-through and communication skills, including both oral & written
• Familiarity with ViacomCBS content past and present.
• Microsoft Word & Excel proficient
There are physical demands associated with this position including lifting boxes, pushing/pulling heavy carts and spending significant amount of time standing and/or walking throughout the library/ production offices on a daily basis. The library is an open, shared space with constant work-related interruptions and distractions.