Camera Operator / Editor
Full Time Job
Camera Operator / Editor Canberra Bureau
EXPERIENCED CAMERA OPERATOR/EDITOR
Who is?10 ViacomCBS??
10 ViacomCBS?Australia & New Zealand?is?a division of?ViacomCBS?International Networks – which in turn is a division of?ViacomCBS.?ViacomCBS?is a global media and entertainment?organisation?with some of the best known and loved brands in the world, employing 1,500 employees in A/NZ and?15,000 globally.?We deliver content that is premium and differentiated to the young and young at heart in the way they want it via an enhanced viewing ecosystem.??
We create content that gets people talking. What's more, you'll find all those great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Peach, 10 Shake?and 10 Bold), subscription channels (MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Comedy Central), our digital platform 10 Play and subscription video on demand service Paramount .?
Here's?just a few reasons why 92% of our employees?will?recommend 10 ViacomCBS to a friend:?
• Broadcast Media?is one of the most sought-after industries, even more so in the current economic climate?
• Global Reach, the only Australian free-to-air network that offers global collaboration & opportunities
• $125,189 salary sacrifice options?
• Additional Leave options
• Parental Leave?(14 weeks paid leave to parents who have been with the business for 12 months)??
• Learning & Development?(including study support, our Propel Program and LinkedIn Learning access)??
• Career Opportunities?(mentoring programs)
• Reward & Recognition?Programs?
• Subscriptions to Paramount , MTV Play & Noggin
• Discounts from the likes of Apple, LG, Microsoft, JB-HIFI, BMW, Audi and Mazda
• Tickets including Australia's A League, or maybe you'd enjoy being in the audience to watch your favourite shows?
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Action Plan and RAP?(Reconciliation Action Plan) Australian leader in D,E&I across the commercial media industry?
• Top 100?Global?Workplaces?with?The?Best D&I Initiatives (Mogul, 2021)?
• Health?(corporate rates with gyms, health clubs, aquatic centres, HCF & Weight Watchers)??
• Mental Health?(EAP, also?including Thrive and Headspace apps)?? -
• Social Events?(in 2022 at this rate!)
• Onsite?amenities?can include parking, café's, showers, lockers, bike stands etc.?
What you'll do:
As the Level 1 Camera/Editor you will be responsible for covering federal politics and general news as part of a small team within the Network Ten Canberra Parliament House Bureau.
Functions will also include:
• ENG camera operations in and around the Federal Parliament.
• ENG camera operations for Network Ten programs including Ten News First, The Project, Studio 10 including News Specials.
• Craft editing for News and News Specials.
• Travel, domestic and international.
• Occasional COS duties, arranging pool coverage of news events.
• News/Media Exchange operations, recording and sending news feeds.
• Live studio operations.
What are we looking for? What's essential??
• 5 years' experience shooting news and production at a major metropolitan station
• 5 years' experience advanced editing at a major metropolitan station
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• A solid understanding of federal politics
• Motivated self-starter with a flexible approach to work patterns and duties.
Extra points for the following, but not necessarily required:?
• Experience in admin duties, rosters, booking freelancers, arranging pools with external networks.
• Experience working solo while travelling domestically or internationally
• Advanced IT skills
• An appreciation of federal politics.
Our company values inform our thoughts, words, and actions:?
• Optimism & Determination?
• Inclusivity & Collaboration?
• Agility & Adaptability?
At 10 ViacomCBS, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting. At this stage of the recruitment process, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with our confidence.
Please know that we list these items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you have the real potential to develop the required capabilities, knowledge, and experience to perform in this role is what we would like to hear from you. Where possible, you should support your claims with specific examples of what you have done, and how you did it.
However you identify, and whatever your background may be, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day!
We embrace difference and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.