Business Intelligence Sr. Manager
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are the Marketing Performance & Audience Acquisition Analytics team, part of the ViacomCBS Streaming Data & Insights Group (DIG) Business Intelligence team. DIG is a key connector between the ViacomCBS Streaming verticals. The group consists of subject matter experts that prototype, build, and scale data infrastructure and products; assess, aggregate, and analyze data; and shape qualitative and quantitative-based narratives and insights, providing stakeholders with decision support, performance clarity and business-driving recommendations.
The Marketing Performance & Audience Acquisition Analytics team provides actionable, data-driven solutions to solve marketing challenges. We work closely with digital and corporate teams across the company portfolio, including but not limited to Paramount , Brand Tune In Initiatives, Marketing Strategy & Corporate Communications, and Distribution & Business Development.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager will manage a team of analysts. This role is responsible for guiding the team of analysts through project planning, A/B testing design and development, tracking and measurement requirement development, insight and analysis creation, stakeholder relationship building and communication, while keeping an eye towards competitors, and the digital media industry for disruptors, threats, and opportunities. The team is responsible for highly technical analyses, which require researching, reporting, presenting and ultimately providing decision support services and actionable insights to the business. Sources of data include marketing delivery and performance data including, but not limited to marketing platforms (Facebook, Google Marketing Platform), Adobe tools (Omniture, Audience Manager), mobile measurement partner (Kochava).
The ability to interpret data and provide relevant context to explain marketing performance, industry shifts, and usage across multiple platforms and develop relationships with stakeholders will be key to success in this role. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, an inquisitive nature, attention to detail, and a love of media.
• Project planning and prioritization of campaign initiatives and steering multi-analyst/multi-team projects.
• Reviewing, designing, and developing reports, visualizations, and dashboards and provide various teams with an understanding of how our marketing efforts drive audience acquisition (sign-ups, trial-to-paid conversions, traffic growth, CPA, ROAS), retention (trial-to-paid-conversions, retention percentage, average tenure and churn, ROAS), SVOD sign-us (trial starts, winbacks, traffic to sign-up funnels, ROAS, LTV), tune-in/view thru (video views, video minutes, re-engagement - streams/minutes, ROAS), and any other applicable KPI.
• Build the framework for media mix modeling and multi-touch attribution to gain a better understanding of optimal pathways, audience segments, and creatives for conversion and partner internally or with 3rd party partners to implement.
• Partner closely across the media strategy, media activation, and research teams to develop KPIs and reporting methodologies and approaches that are aligned to campaign and brand goals.
• Partner closely with the Data Integration team to automate data sources and reporting.
• Lead, manage, and guide a team of analysts with a variety of skill sets, responsibilities, and stakeholders.
• Regular and ongoing communication with data providers/vendors to maintain current documentation of relevant product offerings, measurement methods & limitations.
• Attend/participate in relevant media industry events.
• Support the Senior Director and other Senior Leads in strategic and tactical decision-making and understanding the health of business through key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Development of marketing and audience analytics framework as well as creation and support of the marketing attribution model.
• Campaign level as well as macro level reporting and analysis of audience acquisition initiatives on a business unit and partner level.
• Online-Offline impact measurement and aggregated modeling.
• Incremental impact measurement of high-impact marketing initiatives.
• People managing, hiring, and development.
• Maintain and enhance the team's reputation for delivering high impact insights and recommendations through data storytelling .
• Experience in Marketing Analytics, advanced course-work or training a plus.
• 6 years experience in digital marketing and analytics, web analytics, online media industry.
• Strong experience in social and programmatic measurement.
• Demonstrable experience leading teams.
• A proven track record of delivering actionable analysis and insights particularly to senior leadership.
• Communicates clearly and succinctly, adjusts to a variety of styles and audiences with ability to tell compelling stories with the data.
• Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards.
• Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Tableau, R, Python.
• Experience extracting data from databases using SQL.
• Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar .
• Strong mathematics, statistics background.
• Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence).
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery).