Business and Legal Affairs Fellowship
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/4/2020 8:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Business and Legal Affairs Fellowship jobs in New York-NY
Search all Business and Legal Affairs Fellowship postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business and Legal Affairs Fellowship? ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
**Deadline to Apply: Friday, July 3rd, 2020**
Are you intrigued by the ever-evolving business side of the entertainment industry? Are you a go-to legal expert by day and a reality TV binger by night? If these questions spark your interest – read on!
We are seeking recent law school graduates with 2-3 years of work experience to join its Business and Legal Affairs (BALA) team in an exciting rotational role with direct exposure to some of the top entertainment lawyers in the industry! The contracts you negotiate and deals you close will influence the pulse of media and popular culture. If playing a vital role working on important legal matters in an upbeat and vibrant industry sounds appealing, then the ViacomCBS BALA Fellowship could be the perfect next step for your career.
• Handle a heavy volume of development and production responsibilities (e.g. drafting agreements) across various platforms, relating to both network and studio businesses and the production of original programming both “in-house” and through third party production companies.
• Support branded joint promotions with advertisers and sponsors, integrated marketing productions, interstitial programming, live events and on-air series promotional announcements.
• Partner day-to-day with our in-house lawyers to provide practical, strategic advice and legal counsel to business clients regarding risk management and legal implications of proposed business opportunities and actions.
• Cultivate relationships and maintain channels of communication with key internal BALA partners in technical areas including rights and clearances, music strategy, risk management, trademarks, unions and guilds, and litigation.
• Advise production clients on a wide range of issues in the broadcast and digital realms, including copyright, trademarks, defamation, privacy, and right of publicity
• Review scripts, episodes, and other related materials to identify legal issues
• Investigate and respond to production-related claims
• Full time staff position for two years, which includes competitive annual salary and benefits.
• Two 12-month rotations to aid in a full understanding of entertainment law.
• Professional development opportunities, formal mentorship, training sessions, and networking across the organization.
• Must have passed and been admitted to a state bar.
• Must have 2-3 years of legal experience, post law school (this does not include internships).
• Proper work authorization to be employed within the United States for the full length of the program (September 2020-September 2022).
• Passionate about working in media & entertainment; experience within the industry is a plus.
• Excellent drafting and negotiation skills. Heavy drafting will be required for this role.
• Interest and knowledge in digital, tech, or new platforms a plus.
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Results-oriented with ability to balance multiple assignments at a time in a fast paced environment to achieve desired results and operate independently with minimal supervision and work long hours as necessary.
• Ability to build positive client relationships at all levels of the business, and advise clients in an ever-evolving corporate environment.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.