Full Time Job
Network 10 Sydney has an opportunity for a Broadcast Technician (Broadcast Systems Maintenance Engineer). Working as part of the Technology Team, you will provide broadcast and systems support to all departments within the station. This will offer exposure to a large and diverse range of equipment, from studio cameras, to standardised IT infrastructure, to customised applications, servers, and SAN storage. You'll need to be up-to-date with the rapid technology developments in the Broadcast and IT industries.
• Technical support and maintenance of Broadcast equipment
• Working with equipment suppliers to ensure minimum down time and optimal reliability of broadcast equipment and systems.
• Providing a professional high level of service and guidance to end users and clients.
• Documentation of systems and procedures.
The successful candidate will have qualifications in Broadcast, Telecommunication or Systems Engineering and will have industry-based experience in the following areas:
• Linux OS and scripting
• Windows Systems Administration
• Network Administration and Support
• Hardware troubleshooting
In addition, experience supporting and maintaining the following will be required:
• Broadcasting equipment
• Post-production systems
• Broadcast graphics equipment
• Media Asset management systems
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to:
• work well in high pressure, time critical situations,
• operate in a professional and courteous manner,
• be an effective communicator,
• An ability to accurately and quickly assess and resolve problems.
This position involves a rotating shift roster to cover the operational requirements of the business. The successful candidate will be prepared to work early morning and late night shifts as well as weekend and occasional overnight shifts. The salary range offered for this position is between $60,000 to $80,000 per annum.