ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you passionate about entertainment, design, pop-culture and the arts? Have you ever dreamed of living in a Wes Anderson film? Showtime is seeking a dynamic, passionate, and wildly creative art director to join our design team. The right candidate will bring an upbeat spirit, a bias toward innovation, a highly sophisticated design sensibility, a desire for creative risk taking and a dedication to doing the best work of their lives.
The art director will build indelible visual campaigns for our series, films, documentaries, sports and the Showtime brand itself. Working closely with creative partners, the art director will help set the visual tone for how consumers perceive our content wherever they experience it.
This individual will participate in the evolution of 360 multidisciplinary campaigns, with the primary job responsibility being the crafting and direction of an array of video and digital assets for use in broadcast, out of home and digital/social tactics. The role requires a thoughtful leader eager to inspire multidisciplinary creative teams in a collaborative, studio. That said, this is also a highly hands-on role suited for someone who isn't afraid to dig into all aspects of production, including art direction, design, animation and project management.
Support the continued expansion of the creative and technical potential of the design studio.
Evolve and maintain the visual brand language of the network and network programming.
Drive new and better ways to collaborate within the studio and across teams.
• Manage the design process from initial strategy and research through final production details.
• Develop flexible visual identity systems including style guides and toolkits, to be used across multiple platforms.
• Manage teams to deliver projects that are extraordinary creatively and impeccable technically.
• Collaborate with in-house partners including: Advertising, Marketing and Print to build campaigns that align across platforms and tactics.
• Exceptional conceptual skills and sound strategic instincts
• Advanced skill in graphic design, photography and typography
• Calm and respectful leadership skills
• Experience directing 2D and 3D animation, live action and still photography
• Experience directing color grading
• Knowledge of digital and social methodologies
• Articulate written and verbal communication skills, being executive facing
• Agility and responsiveness to deadlines
• Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or closely related field
• Minimum 6 years of design and brand experience
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television - featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand's first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.