Analyst, Affiliate Finance
ViacomCBSNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
We are looking for an Analyst to join the Affiliate Finance team within US Networks Distribution. USND is responsible for delivering ~$8 billion in annual revenue to ViacomCBS through distribution agreements with our affiliates in the Pay TV environment. The Affiliate Finance Team is responsible for the reporting and analysis of all financial information through our budgeting, monthly/quarterly close and forecasting processes.
The Analyst will support the Affiliate Finance team with account management duties for a variety of affiliates within the USND portfolio. This position will provide financial reporting and analysis by utilizing the departments billing, forecasting and general ledger systems. This entails reconciling monthly subscribers, to managing receivables & cash, and analyzing license fees. In addition, the Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of forecasts and budgets while ensuring the proper and timely recognition of all financial information. This position reports to the Director, Affiliate Finance.
• Bachelor's degree required, with a focus in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred
• 2 years of related FP&A and/or accounting experience
• Strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint. Must be comfortable working with large data sets and databases
• Private/Public background preferred with a CPA or candidate a plus
• Experience with financial billing systems
• Experience with forecasting/ reporting tools (e.g., Longview, TM1)
• Experience with general ledger systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle)
• Experience working with large volumes of data and reporting tools (ex: Tableau, Cognos)
• Analytical problem-solving skills, ability to contextualize data effectively and efficiently
• Able to lead multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proactive self-starter who can work well in a team-based setting
• Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape
• Interest in and passion for media and technology