VP Social, Editorial & Influencer Marketing
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Join our ViacomCBS International Streaming team! ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across digital/streaming and traditional platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people. ViacomCBS is home to premiere global media brands that build compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, apps, games, consumer products, social media experiences, and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 180 countries. This includes ViacomCBS streaming offering across both paid, with Paramount /CBS All Access, Showtime, Noggin, and free with Pluto.TV. ViacomCBS media networks include Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1, Paramount, BET, CMT, TV Land, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., Logo, Nicktoons, TeenNick, Channel 5 (UK), Telefe and Paramount Channel.
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including Pluto.TV, Paramount , Noggin, MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
The Streaming Marketing team is looking for a VP Social, Editorial and Influencer Marketing; reporting to the SVP of International Marketing & Growth, this role will develop a broad strategy to maintain premier standards for Social Media. The ideal candidate will have shown experience using social media to build brands, create attention, grow communities, and generate user advocacy on a global scale. You know how to market leading consumer and/or entertainment brands via social media (paid and organic) and content (blog, digital content platforms), crafting transformative cross-channel campaigns around the customer experience. You're comfortable developing and executing strategies as part of a broader marketing strategy. As a leader on the Marketing Team, you will implement mechanisms and measurement tools that identify exciting opportunities to engage audiences and demonstrate new and existing content platforms. In addition, you will use your extensive marketing experience to find ways to integrate social content/activations into traditional and digital marketing activities. A skilled storyteller, this individual combines the art of creation with discernment and new technology proficiency that can translate into key strategies and projects with team members across the company.
• Plan and execute, along with the international teams, of our Social Strategy from end to end. This includes ownership of planning, budgeting and content calendars, plus the development of best in market social creative tailored for each platform to improve reach and engagement.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams, agencies, publishers/platforms and other partners to identify, execute, and measure Social Media.
• Develop an editorial and publishing strategy, tone and perspective for our audiences across key Social Media and beyond.
• Establish repeatable methodologies and mechanisms that enable fast and responsive content development and distribution.
• Engage and inform a hardworking customer base and drive deeper connection with the brand.
• Drive content amplification on existing and emerging social platforms, as well as other mediums such as broadcast, digital publications, and influencers.
• Handle a slate of ideas and the editorial process with internal and external resources.
• Ideate and build content with a strong hook, point of view, and personality. You're full of ideas and innovative ways to format, structure and presentation of these.
• Own the development and implementation of a wide range of content types: video, animation, still imagery, audio, blog/editorial, and other content that best utilizes social and digital platforms.
• Collaborate with brand strategy to understand our audience and brand positioning, crafting a framework for metrics, goals, and attribution for success.
• Lead all aspects of reporting and dashboards for marketing programs, communicating core information to Executive Leadership, Marketing, and PR/Comms teams.
• Analyze performance and make both real-time and long-term recommendations for optimizations.
• Be a specialist on market trends, providing inspiration and thought leadership on ways to engage customer cohorts.
• 10 years of experience leading Social Media for large scale brands, ideally with a mix of agency and client-side experience
• A strong understanding of both organic and paid social media, including platforms, trends and targeting approaches.
• Experience also in media and subscription would be a plus.
• Case studies of engagements directly led that demonstrate development and execution of Social strategies that connected with audiences, grew communities, and delivered on metrics.
• A creative nature. You are constantly looking for new ways to delight and encourage audiences.
• A storyteller. You're able to concept and produce high-quality social and A/V content. And you're good at it.
• You spend tons of time on consuming video content personally. Sophisticated understanding of online social platforms and the native formats that work on each.
• Excellent editorial judgment and an ability to find and know what's trending with our audience. You can find the story, angle and ability to tell different stories and do so through video storytelling.
• Advanced decision-making skills with shown ability to drive direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams.
• Excellent data analysis skills, analytical mind and curious/results-oriented
• Capacity to collaborate with different areas involved in the growth initiatives
• Capacity to coordinate with International, and with different teams preferred
• Knowledge of TV Content and the Entertainment Market
• You're comfortable working in a constantly changing environment.
• BS/BA in related field preferred. Intense bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Excellent proficiency in verbal and written communication in English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, results-oriented approach and resilient spirit with experience navigating cross-functional organizations