ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS is seeking a talented, experienced and creative privacy counsel to lead the ViacomCBS European Privacy Functions across multiple jurisdictions and serve as European Data Protection Officer for the organisation.
• This crucial role is part of the Central Privacy Team and plays a critical role in advising internal clients on various privacy compliance matters with respect to the company's European business operations, including in the EU, UK, and Switzerland. As the DPO, the role will provide guidance to ViacomCBS business units regarding European data protection laws, regulations, industry guidance, and the competitive landscape to help set policy, analyse risk to the company
• The position requires an innovative, forward-thinking and results-oriented individual with a passion to solve complex problems in a creative and pragmatic way and to translate laws and regulations into actionable policies and procedures that enable business objectives.
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need
• Law degree and UK or other EU Bar or equivalent certifications. IAPP Certifications CIPP/E, CIPP/IT and/or CIPT preferred.
• Experience in the privacy profession with extensive experience in European data protections laws including the GDPR and ePrivacy Directive.
• Strong experience working on data breaches, incident response and advising on cyber risk and IT compliance issues.
• Experience with privacy in the digital advertising space, including programmatic and online behavioural advertising.
• Experience working and communicating with European data protection authorities.
• Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to manage simultaneous projects under pressure.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain a high level of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak a second language, preferably Spanish, ideal.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team, with the flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters and collaborate with various business clients and divisions.
• Experience working in an international environment.