Vice President, Business Operations, Streaming
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Vice President of Business Operations to oversee the operations of VCNI’s priority Streaming Services across all international markets. The ideal candidate needs to have solid experience working in an international context and managing product rollouts on a bold timeline, working with both internal and external partners to translate business needs into product requirements. The VP of Business Operations will coordinate a multifaceted international team responsible for the project management and support of VCNI’s core Streaming products.
We seek to hire an experienced professional with a proven track-record in project management, product management, partner technical integration and business development, who can bring sharp, sophisticated thinking to the team while elevating executional excellence. He/She should be well equipped to deliver strategy memos, business cases and presentations, depending on the specific needs of a project or initiative.
The role will closely coordinate with key central and regional functional leads for VCNI’s Steaming business and will be responsible for managing the workflow between them to successfully deliver against a global product rollout. In addition, The VP of Business Operations will work closely with external partners, including third-party digital publishing partners to deliver VCNI’s Streaming product release strategy.
This role requires cultivating close ties with senior leadership across the Streaming Group, Global Product Org, Commercial & Brand Teams and regional Tech Ops in order to rapidly achieve global scale.
Reporting to the Global SVP of Revenue and Operations, this is a fantastic role for so meone who thrives at the intersection of Product, Business, Operations and Strategy.
This role is based in NY.
• Lead international operations of streaming services across all VCNI regions and platforms
• Responsible for overall project tracking and updates to leadership regarding project landmarks, deadlines, and work
• Lead a team of Project Managers in each region that will coordinate all relevant functional workstreams
• Build workflows and structures to effectively support and scale VCNI’s Streaming business
• Serve as main POC for domestic streaming Product teams, prioritizing and communicating all global and regional business requirements, timelines, work, specs
• Coordinate with global publishing partners to ensure accurate publishing of builds, distribution, store listings, etc.
• Work closely with Content Operations to track effective and timely delivery of media assets
• Develop great relationships and strong lines of communication across all businesses to allow for effective, ongoing collaboration
• Design and lead process mapping workshops, including the use of assessment techniques and/or metrics to assess and improve process effectiveness
• Guide role clarity initiatives across multiple groups, including the alignment between leaders, teams, and individuals
• Serve as integral member of VCNI Streaming HQ team, working alongside other key functional leads (e.g., Product, Data & Analytics, Marketing & Growth) to execute strategic growth initiatives
• 8 years of experience across media, product, streaming, digital operations and/or distribution platforms
• Deep understanding of app development and distribution
• Extensive experience in project management within the media industry
• Track record of success in product launches
• Capacity to build a team and navigate within a highly matrixed organization
• Outstanding written and verbal communication
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
• High attention to detail and demonstrable ability to handle multiple, contending priorities simultaneously
• Ability to adapt to changes in schedules and delivery and business priorities
ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.