Sr Manager, Brand, Service & Editorial Marketing
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalToronto, ON
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Overview & Responsibilities:
ViacomCBS International Streaming is seeking a Sr. Manager of Brand, Service & Editorial Marketing!
This Manager will be charged with building a world-class customer brand while supporting the growth of the service. They will also be responsible for the local publishing strategy, ideation, concept development and production across our social media channels and beyond! We are looking for a storyteller at heart who has excellent judgment to balance audience interests with the needs of our business. This forward-thinking strategist should have a passion for deeply understanding customers and translating that knowledge into meaningful results. They will be passionately customer-centric and have a deep portfolio that demonstrates a track record of bringing critical thinking and focus to marketing, advertising, and customer acquisition objectives.
include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with global marketing teams to build a strong, locally tailored brand.
• Act as a project manager, and engage productively with key partners across creative, media, marketing, product, research & measurement teams.
• Work with internal/external partners on brand development, and ensure a cohesive brand proposition is presented to our customers.
• Work with x-functional leadership to shape country's go-to-market strategy.
• Develop an editorial/publishing strategy and unique tone across key social media platforms and beyond.
• Translate research and analytics into insights that power service marketing and advertising strategies.
• Own the education around the streaming service and features (ex: Language UIs).
• Lead brainstorms, mentor, and manage the editorial process with external and internal resources and vendors.
• Ideate and create content with a strong hook, perspective, and personality, while building/cultivating credibility with key local audiences.
• Stay on top of trends, timely events, and upcoming title launches.
• Find new perspectives and creative inspiration; take risks; be ambitious and original.
• 5 years' in creative brand/editorial/social.
• Knowledge of TV content and a consumer of, and passion for entertainment.
• Content marketing experience.
• BS/BA in related field preferred; Master's degree is a plus.
• Experience in media and subscription a big plus.
• Experience planning, developing and executing complex marketing programs.
• A collaborative storyteller, with a proven ability to concept and produce high-quality social and A/V content.
• Experience in content creation at a brand/outlet is a benefit, but more importantly, someone who loves consuming video content personally.
• A sophisticated understanding of online social platforms and the formats that work on each.
• Great editorial judgment and knowledge of what's trending with our audience.
• Excellent data analysis, interpersonal skills, and a curious/entrepreneurial spirit.
• Excellent proficiency in verbal and written communication in English.
• Capability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.