Senior Planning Manager
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Please be aware this role is a 12 month FTC.
Is this the role for you?
We are on the look out for an experienced digital channel planning manager with a passion for world class content to oversee our digital channel planning team. In this role you would be responsible for managing a team of 6 people, as-well as taking charge of the 5 USA digital channel.
What will you be doing?
• Oversee the management of the VCNI digital channel planning team, conducting regular 1-1s to ensure that the team are working effectively
• To be the most senior point of contact for any Ofcom duties & any Ofcom related enquiries, ensuring that the planning department returns all Ofcom data for the VCNI portfolio
• To represent the planning team at various company meetings and project work
• Representing planning at weekly Ops meeting and action any points raised for planning
• Managing the planning schedule for nominated VCNI channels, ensuring that all aspects of the schedule are accurate and accounted for
• Inputting forward planning schedule into What's On
• Acting as central point of contact for planning related queries
• Informing relevant internal personnel & listings of all schedule changes made within issued weeks
• Maintaining a strong knowledge of VCNI portfolio of schedules and those of our competitors
• Overseeing all press day responsibilities
• Actioning Billings & Pre-Press emails
• Ensuring month-end data is up to date for Finance
• Assisting the returning of Ofcom data for the VCNI portfolio
• Ensuring all programme rights are accurately adhered to
• Creating and maintaining standby programme lists
• Coordinating between Programming, Sales & Presentation regarding schedule related matters
• Testing & Development of systems for programme planning
• Managing the AD and Subtitling on across the portfolio ensuring we reach our Ofcom quotas
• Manage and input the teleshopping rotations for our digital channels
• Providing scheduling support
• Out of Hours contact as required
• Deputising for senior managers and providing day-to-day support across all key planning & scheduling functions when necessary
• Viewing future programmes and giving insight senior managers
• Ensuring schedules are ready to send to Sales on a monthly basis
• Check through the P.I booklet for the Channel 5 portfolio
• Help to create the greatest possible workplace experience for employees.
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What are we looking for?
• Substantial experience of programme planning at a broadcaster is essential and knowledge of Ofcom quotas
• A genuine interest and passion for TV and TV scheduling
• Must be strong communicator and be confident working with other departments
• Be able to demonstrate a general understanding of TV schedules
• Strong I.T Skills including Excel and the ability to quickly pick up new systems
• Must demonstrate ability in numeracy
• Competitive, ambitious and driven to succeed
• Capacity for creative problem solving
• Ability to generate new ideas for the ViacomCBS family of channels
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next