Senior Legal Counsel
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 4/14/2021 5:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Legal Counsel jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Legal Counsel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Legal Counsel? Please note this role is a 9 -12 month FTC
Is this the role for you?
Are you an experienced media lawyer with a passion for high quality production?
What will you be doing?
We are looking for an experienced media lawyer with expertise in both commissioning and production, across multiple genres, including scripted, to join BALA team colleagues focussed on content creation, including production funding (both soft and hard finance), to work with a broad range of internal stakeholders including commissioning, production, ad-sales sponsorship and events, publicity and marketing, research, digital and social. Ideally you will have worked in a PSB and/or an international television or film business, have a passion for multi-media content creation and delivery with a solid understanding of intellectual property rights.
This is an extremely exciting time to join the BALA team whilst the ViacomCBS business in the UK continues to build its unrivalled portfolio of consumer content propositions with commercial and PSB broadcasting offers, VOD platforms like My5, Noggin and MTV Play as well as the unique free streaming service, PLUTO. Working within BALA requires a coherent 'oneViacom' approach that encourages close collaboration across the whole organisation.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor with significant post-qualification and relevant industry experience, both in-house and in private practice. Candidates will also be able to demonstrate:
• A track record as a commercial and media lawyer in both broadcast and digital media
• Close working relationships with commissioners, executive producers and editors
• An understanding of broadcast regulation in Europe and experience in managing compliance issues
• Experience of TV rights and production deals
• Extensive knowledge of rights issues, distribution, contract law, copyright law and production financing
• Exposure to privacy and data protection issues within multi-media platforms (experience of working with Children's content is particularly desirable)
• Excellent drafting skills – able to take instructions on a wide variety of contracts and produce working drafts (both with and without reliance on precedent) to meet business requirements
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to interact with people at all levels of an organisation and present complex legal conclusions concisely
• Ability to deal with a large and varied workload, often under critical time pressure
• A flexible, collaborative team player with energy, drive and resilience
• Strong attention to detail, combined with the ability to see the strategic perspective and the imagination to find a creative solution to business issues
• A positive and constructive attitude – able to deal with pressurised situations in a calm and effective manner
• Connections within the industry, knowledge of the market and global media trends
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.