Senior Director, VOD Editorial
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 1/21/2021 5:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director, VOD Editorial jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Director, VOD Editorial postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Director, VOD Editorial? Overview What is the role
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a Director to join our business and play a key part in improving the way My5 and Channel 5 work with each other and overseeing the content and commercials of these business lines. Working closely with the Director of Programming this role will be responsible for all content across My5, and have a specialist understanding of VOD and be able to critically analyse our platform, how are we doing things, how can we do things better? To be successful in this role you will need an eye for creativity, strong commercial awareness and good technical understanding, we don't need you to know how to code, but it is crucial you are able to understand and interpret data to feedback to stakeholders and other areas of the business.
The Senior Director, VOD Editorial will lead all aspects of VOD content curation across both affiliate platforms and O&O products. They have responsibility for ensuring our VOD offering is optimised cross-platform. The role will combine both a data orientated and creative approach to maximise non-linear viewing to our content across O&O and affiliate platforms.
Core to the success of this role will be in working closely with key stakeholders - the wider Programming teams to identify VOD priorities and optimise the schedule, the Streaming Growth team to develop & implement ambitious content-lead growth initiatives, the Commercial team to develop the VOD strategy on affiliate platforms, the Product and Operations teams for feature improvements, the Marketing and Media Planning team for promotional support and the Platform partners for editorial feature support.
• Oversee, implement and drive a results-oriented growth strategy, working alongside Programming, Acquisitions and the Commissioning departments
• Responsible for the curation of all content and presentation of said content to improve viewer experience Creatively repackage and strategically position content to attract and retain viewers
• Coordinate and implement a strategy to improve viewers interaction with the content across all platforms
• Improve the use of linear FTA content to drive My5 growth
• Build close working bonds with the programming team to create stunts, first looks, box sets, and world class content to help drive viewing numbers
• Ensure VCNI meets its obligations to producers, platforms, channel partners and regulators in operating our VOD services and content library
• Responsible for reporting and insight on VOD performance of content to Programming teams
• Advise Acquisitions and Production Management teams on VOD requirements re. genres, rights positions, and operational elements (e.g. metadata, compliance, etc)
• Work closely with the VOD Ops team to ensure the content they select/curate can be merchandised properly within My5 on whichever platform it is being consumed
• Partner with the Commercial and Growth teams team in identifying and managing content partners for O&O products (internal – e.g. Pluto, Awesomeness – and external – e.g. Blaze on My5)
• Work with Programming and Marketing teams to identify upcoming priority content across the brands
• Support Finance, Royalties and Reporting to ensure timely payments to third parties
• Support Product & Operations teams to implement personalisation tools (e.g. content information for recommendation engines)
• Work with Legal, Programming and Commercial teams on content to be included in third party licencing deals– e.g. Amazon, Britbox
• Help to build the greatest possible workplace experience for employees.
• § Drive the 'One ViacomCBS' approach, role modelling great team work and collaboration.
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Help to embed the ViacomCBS values and foster a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need
• Proven experience in a VOD editorial role
• Passion for the industry and a desire to help build a world class content provider!
• Extensive understanding of the competitor landscape
• Solid technical understanding and experience interpreting data
• Previous experience of creating USP!
• Understanding of broadcast scheduling and workflows, and associated rights / windows for VOD
• Passion for content, with interest in multiple genres and awareness of audience viewing behaviours
• Strong knowledge of the VOD ecosystem
• Ability to draw insights from data sets and reporting
• Ability to multi-task - working across multiple brands with differing content propositions and priorities
• Flexible self-starter, ability think conceptually but also drive ideas forward (hands-on) This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.