Senior Director Content Strategy & Programming
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The Senior Director Content Strategy and Programming is responsible for defining, operating and evolving the content strategy for Pluto TV UK. The role leads channel creation, development, prioritisation and content scheduling activities.
Reporting to the international SVP/Head of Programming & Acquisitions based in NY, this is a key role on the streaming content team in defining and executing our content strategy. The Senior Director Content Strategy and Programming will be responsible for the local Pluto team and will also work very closely with a wide range of teams in the UK linear team including the Commissioning, Acquisitions, C5/My5 Scheduling, Milkshake, Marketing, Broadcast Operations, Commercial Distribution and Business Affairs. This individual will work with the larger global Pluto TV content team to partner on pan-regional acquisitions, overall programming strategies, and to share standard methodologies.
We are looking for a dynamic and focused executive with a deep expertise in content strategy and acquisitions.
• In partnership with the VCNI UK team, define and be responsible for the content strategy for Pluto TV UK demonstrating ViacomCBS assets, acquisitions, and local original productions
• Manage a team of five people who are responsible for the scheduling and content acquisition duties for the UK market. Direct reports will be Senior Manager of Content Programming and Senior Manager of Content Partnerships.
• Evolve and execute the editorial vision to drive growth and engagement for our audience, while responding to cultural and consumer trends & business needs.
• Co-develop, implement, and iterate a content windowing strategy with Channel 5 / My5 teams
• As needed, negotiate favourable content rights to improve performance and revenue
• Work with content & ops and product teams during channel launch phases and operating stages to ensure quality of the launched channels / content
• Coordinate the day-to-day operational relationship with our media processing and metadata partners, and key departments across both VCNI UK and VCNI Streaming
• Ensure Pluto UK meets its obligations to producers, platforms, channel partners and regulators in operating Pluto TV's linear and VOD services
• Work closely with growth function to develop data and commercially-prioritised content initiatives and strategies
• Accept the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
What skills do you need
• You have several years of working experience in a major digital video business, preferably dealing with broadcast, SVOD or other long form premium content, with a focus on content proposition and/or product development
• Experience recruiting, managing, and training content professionals
• Strong communication and collaboration skills with peers in departments across the larger organization
• A track record in leading successful linear and VOD services in a commercial organisation operating in a highly competitive market
• Experience in using data and analysis in inform operational and strategic decision-making, and a wider understanding of the importance and uses of data in video businesses
• Strong budget management and cost control experience, ensuring all investment is passionate about delivering strong return for the business
• You demonstrate experience in market analysis and competitive analysis
• You have a strong passion for content and entertainment and broad knowledge of pop culture, film, TV and online video
• First class written and verbal communication skills at all organisational levels.