Senior Category Manager
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 2/5/2021 4:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Category Manager jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Category Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Category Manager? Overview
What is the role
We are looking for a Senior Category Manager softlines to join the ViacomCBS Consumer Products team. Based at our offices in Camden, and reporting into the Category Director UK & Ireland, this role's primary responsibilities include:
Lead and own the UK & Ireland ViacomCBS Softlines business
• Achieve/exceed CP revenue targets for the softlines categories
• Drive new revenue opportunities
• Lead negotiations and coordinate implementation of all licensing deals within relevant categories
• To represent ViacomCBS to our external partners
Principal Accountabilities Plan, develop and deliver the Softlines UK Consumer Products Strategy
• Achieve/exceed revenue targets set for softlines categories
• Responsible for the Softlines P&L, supporting the category director through budget planning and LRP
• Build 2-year strategic plan alongside category director and category manager by franchise and licensee to deliver revenue growth
• Align with retail and marketing teams to deliver revenue goals
• Identify gaps in category/licensee portfolios and target new partners to fill these
• Work with international counterparts to identify new market opportunities Financial Management
• Deliver annual sales target through management of forecasting process for softlines licensees, and tracking actual reported sales against forecast.
• Review forecasts and royalty report submissions with licensees on a quarterly basis, setting targets Legal & Contract Management
• Lead negotiations for softlines deals and input into Global/Regional deals from a UK perspective. Responsible for ensuring all rights are cleared before the deal closes Creative and Product Development
• Work closely with creative teams on product development and style guide interpretation. Identify creative needs for licensees and when immersion sessions are needed Account Management:
• Actively lead the licensee relationship ensuring engagement and alignment through joint business planning
• Identify priority licensees and ensure alignment with Category Director, Retail and Marketing teams in order to grow and improve the business
• Drive regular strategic meetings to ascertain retail listings, gaps, opportunities and risks.
• Review business models with licensees in renewals and/or new partner negotiations and run financial modelling
• Provide Category Director with regular updates on the state of the business
• Establish regular competitor analysis to understand size of competitor business, product category, retailer
• Identify new licensees to improve category growth improving white space opportunities Team & Culture:
• Demonstrate an expansive and collaborative mind-set when working with all partners
• Champion and promote the needs of licensees within broader ViacomCBS organization (UK and Global)
• Direct management of softlines category manager
What skills do you need
• Insightful and persuasive salesperson, able to identify commercial opportunities and align our brands to those opportunities.
• Strong Negotiator, able to optimise your success and profitability of deals
• Straight-talker and clear communicator both internally and externally. Both written and verbal.
• Conclusive decision maker, able to creatively problem seek to get to a solution fast.
• Financially literate, always happy to dig into numbers from the ground up. Clear understanding of licensee financials, forecast, range selections and delivery of budget numbers.
• Blue-sky problem solver. Able to build relevant measurable ideas that excite and galvanize licensees and drive revenues.
• Relationship builder. A reliable and responsive business partner. Always known to deliver what is needed on time and to the highest standard.
• Strong time management and organisation skills, able to optimally prioritise workload and increase efficiency
• Confident self-starter, tenacious and persistent This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.