ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
Are you a passionate Publicist looking to work within one of the worlds leading entertainment brands?
What will you be doing?
• An exciting role for a dynamic and hardworking self-starter with a can-do attitude, the publicist will be joining the creative comms hub, with a core focus on Channel 5 and MTV programming and some activity on Comedy Central, Events and Nickelodeon.
• Liaising with production companies to ensure delivery of promotional assets.
• Careful handling of screeners and their distribution being aware of any restrictions. Working closely with Legal to ensure all assets shared with third parties are cleared and aligned.
• Developing digital & online coverage by developing contacts across a variety of websites and placing clips, pictures and news pieces
• Nurture key relationships with influencers, digital outlets as well as traditional print, online and broadcast media
• Combine creativity with knowledge of the media to recognise media angles and generate positive coverage across a broad media and influencer spectrum; Advise on press angles and take part in PR Hub brainstorms and creative thinking process.
• Monitor media platforms and moments in time to find opportunities
• Execute interviews for and write up press packs for programming across brands
• Execution of campaigns briefed in for priority new shows & events; developing and pitching news stories, features and talent interviews when resource requires
• Supporting the awards committee and leading on writing awards submissions and channel of the year documentation
• Producing coverage reports post campaign
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What are we looking for?
• Good publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media landscape (traditional and digital), editorial requirements and what makes a story – a keen 'nose for news'
• Solid experience within the PR/TV/entertainment/media industry with good TV contacts both editors and critics.
• Experience in running a reactive and pro-active press office, handling incoming press enquiries and escalating any crises led issues
• Polished communications professional with excellent negotiator, presenter, influencer and relationship management skills
• Experience with talent management from facilitating photo-shoots to stunts and press junkets, to diary management, travel bookings, facilitating departmental requests and ensuring talent represent the brand
• Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
• Self starter / confidence in working with senior stakeholders across the wider business and internationally
• Ideas generation to help keep the team creatively vibrant and encourage creativity and proactivity within the brand PR team
• Ability to manage both traditional and digital publicity strategies, from programming to brand and music led events, working closely with Senior Publicity Manager
• Excellent writing ability – from press releases to Awards submissions..
• Flexibility– some work required out of hours
• A genuine passion for brands, youth culture, comedy & entertainment is essential
• Work collaboratively in an integrated team to support business objectives and build impactful 360 campaigns
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next