Music and Media Licensing Coordinator
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Unleash your potential in a place you belong!
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive and where our employees make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team!
Is this the role for you?
We're looking for a Music and Media Licensing Coordinator. This person will provide support to VIMNUK Production teams across multiple brands, focusing on rights for long-form & short-form content, with an emphasis on multi-platform clearances, rights tracking & reporting, rights analysis, rights systems, and support to the reporting, music strategy & operations areas.
What will you be doing?
• Collaborate with internal & external Production staff throughout each phase of production; acting in an advisory role on clearances, issues, costs/budgeting and risk assessment
• Advise on use of music under Viacom's deals with Labels, Publishers and Collecting Societies
• Negotiate favourable rates and secure rights for music & 3rd party material included in content produced by these client groups
• Work closely with Production and Production Management and proactively suggest cost-saving options and alternatives
• Review, draft, and revise agreements to conform negotiated terms. Ensure that licenses are executed and invoices paid in a timely manner
• Send and negotiate terms of Guest Release Forms for all in-house shoots and log rights once signed
• Secure and review music cue sheets, PACFs (programme as completed forms) and all show paperwork from Producers upon delivery of content. Report discrepancies or missing information to Producers and follow up to insure proper completion
• Ensure all signed agreements and completed show paperwork is scanned and saved to Edocs
• Log content clearance terms and rights information in Programming Rights Report
• Liaise with International Rights Analysis Department and international regions on clearance terms for VIMN produced content
• Assist with clip licensing business when needed
• Enter music video assets serviced to us by Labels in to Video Acquisitions Database
• Set up Suppliers in Market (accounting system) and raise POs
• Assist MML team with writing and presenting Rights & Clearances Workshops to client groups
What are we looking for?
• Preferably some level legal training or understanding of copywriting regulations
• Experience working in the TV and/or music industry in a business affairs, rights & clearances, or licensing capacity
• Established relationships with Synch teams at Labels and Publishers
• Must be able to write effective and persuasive clearance request letters. Must be able to communicate show ideas/use of materials/rights & media requested accurately to licensors
• Ability to read and interpret contracts, summarise rights information accurately; excellent analytical, written and oral skills
• Working knowledge of the legal issues that affect clearances
• Excellent organisational skills and time management with experience meeting pressing deadlines
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to use initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
• An understanding of liability is essential
• Knowledge/experience of the various collecting societies both in the UK and abroad
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
97% of our recent hires would recommend ViacomCBS to their friends and family, so what are you waiting for? Get your application in and find out more about the recruitment process here - UK Recruitment Process Information
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Optimism & Determination | We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
• Inclusivity & Collaboration | We embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
• Agility & Adaptability | We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next