Music & Media Licensing Junior Coordinator
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 4/26/2021 5:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Music & Media Licensing Junior Coordinator jobs in London-UK
Search all Music & Media Licensing Junior Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Music & Media Licensing Junior Coordinator? Please note, this role is a 12 month FTC.
Is this the role for you?
• Are you an experienced admin professional with a passion for music and broadcasting?
• Do you want to work for one of the worlds leading brands?
• Are you someone who loves working in a fast paced enviorment?
What will you be doing?
Provide support to VIMNUK Production teams, focusing on rights for long-form & short-form content, with an emphasis on multi-platform clearances, rights tracking & reporting, rights analysis, rights systems, and support to the reporting, music strategy & operations areas.
• Collaborate with internal & external Production staff throughout each phase of production; acting in an advisory role on clearances, issues, costs/budgeting and risk assessment
• Advise on use of music under Viacom's deals with Labels, Publishers and Collecting Societies
• Negotiate favourable rates and secure rights for music & 3rd party material included in content produced by these client groups
• Work closely with Production and Production Management and proactively suggest cost-saving options and alternatives
• Review, draft, and revise agreements to conform to negotiated terms. Ensure that licenses are executed, and invoices paid in a timely manner
• Send Guest Release Forms for all in-house shoots and log rights once signed
• Secure and review music cue sheets, PACFs (programme as completed forms) and all show paperwork from Producers upon delivery of content. Report discrepancies or missing information to Producers and follow up to insure proper completion
• Ensure all signed agreements and completed show paperwork is scanned and saved to Edocs
• Log content clearance terms and rights information in Programming Rights Report
• Liaise with IRAD team and other regions on clearance terms for VIMN produced content
• Assist with clip licensing business when needed
• Enter music video assets serviced to us by Labels into Video Acquisitions Database
• Set up Suppliers in Market (accounting system) and raise POs
• Assist MML team with writing and presenting Rights & Clearances Workshops to client groups
Strategy and Policy:
• Coordinate with VIMNUK MML team, Legal Counsel, and US MML on clearance strategy with the goal of securing broad rights at low rates whilst licensing within departmental parameters
• Assist team on clearance strategy for multi-platform exploitation of content
• Share best practices, information and knowledge about all Licensing/Content/Rights issues with regions and US.
Management and Liaisons:
• Liaise with VIMNUK and regional staff at all levels across all departments
• Liaise with MML staff worldwide
• Build and foster good working relationships with clients and suppliers within the licensing community
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What are we looking for?
• Strong admin experience, ideally gained working within music copyright
• Knowledge/experience in the music and/or TV industry in a business affairs, rights & clearances, or licensing capacity
• Familiarity with Viacom music strategy and deal terms & relationships with Labels and Publishers
• Must be able to write effective and persuasive clearance request letters. Must be able to communicate show ideas/use of materials/rights & media requested accurately to licensors
• Ability to read and interpret contracts, summarise rights information accurately; excellent analytical, written and oral skills
• Knowledge of the legal issues that affect clearances
• Excellent organisational skills and time management with experience meeting pressing deadlines
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to use initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
• An understanding of liability is essential
• Knowledge/experience of the various collecting societies both in the UK and abroad
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.