Manager, Marketing Strategist
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview & Responsibilities
Reporting to and directly partnering with the Chief Marketing Officer of Nickelodeon, the Manager, Marketing Strategist, will be the central point of contact across all of the CMO's projects, providing clear and concise planning and communication in order to ensure the successful execution of initiatives. This role will help set up group targets and create the agenda for executives with the overall goal of improving overall organization efficiency for a team that delivers myriad creative executions across multiple campaigns. The Manager will be responsible for helping to craft the CMO's priorities and agenda, and will partner with the CMO in the creation of presentations and supporting documentation for executive meetings and workshops. They will build and retain positive relationships with executives and other partners to foster collaboration and alignment throughout the organization, and will serve as the primary conduit between the CMO and all partners and stake holders to ensure clear communication.
• Compile, build, synthesize, and help to analyze reports that come from and go to the CMO, providing insights and recommendations to the CMO and the wider team to help meet the strategic goals of the business.
• Serve as advocate for the CMO, by providing a clear understanding and articulation of business goals and objectives to the group and wider organization.
• Create, distribute, and maintain Marketing timelines, both long-range and day-to-day deliverables for overall timing of any deliverables, and working with the CMO's assistant to help maintain the CMO schedule and agenda to meet these timelines.
• Proactively partner with internal clients and executives to ensure strategies are accurate and are in line with agreed-upon scope and timelines.
• Understand business goals and objectives of each project and identify efficient processes and procedures to ensure successful outcomes.
• Manage stake holder and executive approvals of all information and deliverables for CMO driven projects.
• Drive projects forward, ensuring clear, ongoing and transparent communication among cross-functional teams and partners throughout the lifecycle of a project.
• Identify and help implement new processes to further collaboration and efficiencies.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships within Nickelodeon (business, consumer products, finance, human resources, procurement, and IT) as well as all related groups across the ViacomCBS universe.
• 8 years of experience in strategy, project management, marketing planning, or integrated production at an entertainment brand or agency.
• Experience working with senior leadership in a highly matrixed organization.
• BA required.
• Demonstrated organized self-starter who is able to manage multiple tasks deftly and see the big picture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Superior problem solving and anticipation skills.
• Ability to provide and articulate effective explanations and recaps.
• Ability to operate quickly and calmly within a large, complex, high-pressure, dynamic environment, while setting and maintaining key priorities.
• Ability to influence groups of people outside their own department.
• Ability to lead and to gain trust of teams and colleagues.
• Experience with video creative and digital creative.
• Ability to manage and work with a large creative team.
• Familiarity and facility with project management, presentation, and communication tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, AirTable, Jira, Google Docs/Slides, Slack) or similar.
• A love for entertainment!