ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Please be aware this role is a 13 month FTC
Is this the role for you?
The Business and Legal Affairs (''BALA'') team in London is a hugely trusted and well respected team which works with all business units across ViacomCBS Networks International.
What will you be doing?
In this position you will be acting as Legal Counsel working in a small team to provide a wide range of expert general legal advice across several client groups including distribution, programming, events, production, digital, marketing, social and press.
• Negotiating, drafting and advising on:
-digital production (including microsites and games), marketing, press and other general commercial services agreements;
-tv & social media content production, including talent, influencer, crew and location agreements;
-consumer competitions – including T&Cs and data protection / privacy issues;
-content acquisition, commissioning, development and licensing agreements for linear and non-linear;
-voiceover and dubbing/localisation agreements;
-live events, including IP licences, event production, talent, crew and television production;
-channel carriage and VOD distribution (including TVOD/DTO) agreements;
-commercial partnerships, revenue share arrangements, advertising, media buying and barter agreements.
• Managing rights requests, using and updating the internal rights database and advising on rights issues;
• Researching and advising on risk and regulatory matters across a wide variety of topics, including intellectual property, data protection, digital media, on and off-channel marketing, sponsorship, scheduling and promotions; and
• Advising on the application of the regulatory codes including the CAP Code and the BCAP Code;
• Providing support regarding music rights and advising on performance releases, composer agreements, music publishing clearance and collective licensing arrangements; and
• Conducting legal review of on-air and off-channel content, including marketing communications.
• Supporting and advising the company secretarial function and drafting amendments to documentation where required;
• Advising on intercompany agreements, related party agreements and corporate matters;
• Developing relationships with the US office and third parties to facilitate rights acquisition and clearances; coordinating with various departments (e.g. Music & Media Licensing, Sky Music Team, Commercial, Finance, Digital, Marketing and Social) to implement policies and procedures;
• Working flexibly across the BALA team supporting content and distribution as well as all commercial activity.
• Organising in-house training sessions for staff and managing external training resource and diary;
• Working closely with clients across all levels of seniority across the business.
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What are we looking for?
• LLB or Degree GDL
• Qualified as solicitor or barrister
• Private practice trained and in-house experience in the media/ entertainment/ broadcast industries preferred
• Commercial media specialisation/expertise with a strong knowledge of intellectual property law
• Experienced in channel carriage, production and programming agreements and the regulatory regime applicable to linear television and VOD
• Keen interest in, and knowledge of, developments in the media industry
• Good natured, easy-going and a sense of humour
• Excellent drafting skills, including from scratch and the ability to effectively review existing templates
• Strong commercial business sense and negotiating prowess
• Comfortable communicating legal concepts to a non-legal audience
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions where appropriate and be pragmatic when resolving legal issues, whilst appreciating the need for escalation where desirable
• Self-starter and self-supporting
• Excellent organisational and project management skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks, work under pressure and keep to deadlines
• Takes ownership and responsibility for work
• Methodical and meticulous
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next