ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 10/24/2021 8:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Junior Lawyer jobs in London-UK
Search all Junior Lawyer postings
Full Time Job
12m fixed term contract – potential to be extended
Unleash your potential in a place you belong!
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
This role's primary purpose is to support the provision of all aspects of legal and business affairs support for the unscripted division of ViacomCBS International Studios UK (VIS UK), including advising on production protocols, issuing and updating all necessary agreements, negotiating and agreeing programme production agreements, assisting in all production matters that arise, and assisting on content compliance matters. You may also be required to work in close liaison with and/or undertaking work for the wider BALA team across the free and pay ViacomCBS brands as capacity and business priorities require.
VIS UK has expanded significantly in recent years and is looking for someone who can lead on all aspects of our legal and business affairs management.
What will you be doing?
• Drafting, negotiating and advising on all underlying production agreements such as contributor releases, presenter agreements, access agreements, location agreements, licences for third party materials, format options, literary options
• Reviewing and signing off commitments made in Editorial/Commissioning Specification Forms
• Drafting, negotiating and advising on production agreements with a range of broadcasters
• Advising on co-production arrangements, funding and rights models
• Advising on and managing Ofcom and broadcaster compliance issues on all our programming under the guidance and direction of the Content Legal & Compliance unit within BALA
• Working with Content Legal & Compliance to agree appropriate production protocols and contributor duty of care safeguards and processes
• Negotiating and drafting footage licence agreements
• Reviewing and updating company precedents where necessary
• Advising on changes in law likely to materially affect the Company's business activity
• Advising on all elements of intellectual property, including trade mark, copyright and passing off
• Dealing with distribution queries, to include liaison with programme Distributor(s) with regard to distribution deal terms and practical issues
• Drafting/amending side letters with Distributor(s)
• Advising in respect of exploitation of ancillary programme rights (publishing, merchandising, VOD, DTO, DVD etc.)
General Legal/Corporate Matters
• Liaising with PACT where required, and if relevant
• Instructing and managing outside legal counsel including additional compliance support where required, subject to prior approval
• Flexibility to work on ad hoc tasks and projects as required by VIS UK/C5/Viacom brands
• Flexibility to work on ad hoc tasks and projects as required by VIS UK/Channel 5/ViacomCBS free and pay brands
• This role will support the wider business (including without limitation Business Affairs Commissioning Team) as capacity and business priorities require. Accurate reporting and analysis are a key priority.
• Working with colleagues across the business in relation to areas e.g. internal Distribution arrangements and rights exploitation.
What are we looking for?
• The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor with demonstrable post-qualification and relevant industry experience.
• Alternatively, we would be happy to chat to a candidate who isn't fully qualified but has longer experience working as a paralegal or similar in the relevant field.
• A proven track record in Commercial and Entertainment law
• Hands-on experience of TV rights deals
• Understanding of programme compliance laws and issues, including the Ofcom Code
• Solid knowledge of rights issues, distribution, contract law, copyright law and production financing
• Excellent drafting skills – able to take instructions on a wide variety of contracts and produce working drafts (both with and without reliance on precedent) to meet business requirements
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to interact with people at all levels within an organisation and present complex legal conclusions concisely
• Ability to deal with a large and varied workload, often under critical time pressure
• A team player with energy, drive and resilience
• Strong attention to detail, combined with the ability to see the strategic perspective and the imagination to find a creative solution to business issues
• A positive and constructive attitude – able to deal with pressurised situations in a calm and effective manner
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead.
Inclusivity & Collaboration
We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges.
Agility & Adaptability
We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next.