International Talent & Music Assistant
ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
International Talent & Music Assistant (Broadcast Production Assistant Level 3)
Is this for you?
• Are you a good team player who is eager to learn and get stuck in?
• Do you have a good eye for detail?
• Are you a good at multitasking?
• Are you a recent school or college leaver not seeking to go to university?
• Are you able to commit to a 15-month programme starting in September 2021?
What is the role?
Are you a total music geek? Do you spend most of your time at gigs and love keeping up to date with the hottest new talent on the music scene? Have you dipped your toe into the music industry but are hungry for more?
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes in the music world in order to get the biggest releases out there to consumers? If this sounds like you then this could be the role for you!
Working in the International Talent and Music team, you will assist with a variety of tasks, from being involved in brainstorms around original content, reviewing weekly new music videos, helping to put together coverage reports for artists and record labels as well as providing specific support to team members as directed.
• Request research material (images, biographies etc) from the label/s, as directed for interviews and artist led initiatives
• Maintaining an up to date database of artist biographies and photos, both stored as data on the network.
• Ensure that network playlists (for all 20 MTV channels) are collated and emailed out on a weekly basis (Friday) for internal and external use.
• Responsible for creating weekly play reports for the label directors and team
• Update & maintain the International album release documents on a weekly basis, actively sourcing release date information from print press and the department
• Update & maintain the International gig request documents on a weekly basis, actively sourcing touring and concert date information from print press and the department
• Work closely with the UK Intern and offer assistance to the UK team when required
• Attend the weekly UK acquisitions meeting and understand the video submission process
• Meeting / looking after artists and their label and management entourages as and when required for network shows. On occasion shoots will take place at hotels or other external locations at differing times.
• Collating screengrabs / stills from our digital properties around specific artist initiatives.
• Analysis of International Playlists as directed.
• Offer general assistance to the International TAM department as required.
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What skills do I need?
• Passionate and well versed in the current music scene
• A basic understanding of the Music Industry (both in the UK and International)
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced fun environment and can adapt to changing requests
• Someone eager to work with people, in a team but also open to taking responsibility for tasks and able to be relied upon to take on tasks
• We take pride in maintain and creating an inclusive culture, so we want you to be your true self in the role, work well with diverse teams and collaborative environments
• We provide a lot of training but you will need to have some basic IT skills like, Microsoft word/excel/PowerPoint/email
• Experience of creating/curating/promoting music content on social networks preferred - even if its just in your spare time
• First up, get your application in! Closing date is the 6th May 2021!
• You will hear back from us by end of May if we would like to progress you 1st assessment stage. It's short and fun and you can do it on your phone
• From here, you'll complete role specific assessment
• Finally – if you are successful from the testing stages you will be invited to an interview with us (virtually or in the office)
• If that goes well, then we could be saying welcome to the team.
We are sorry we cannot reply to all applications due to the volume we receive but if you have not heard from us, unfortunately you will not have been successful in progressing this time.
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview - find out moreabout our inclusive culture at ViacomCBS.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next