ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 8/9/2021 3:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Country Controller jobs in London-UK
Search all Country Controller postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Country Controller?
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Please be aware this role is a 13 month FTC
Is this the role for you?
The UK Controller is responsible for the oversight of accounting activities, internal and financial reporting, statutory reporting and internal control environment for the region. The UK controller role includes UK entities across Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Music, Channel 5 and some international profit centres – in total there are 22 legal entities across the UK for which the group has reporting and statutory responsibility.
What will you be doing?
The controller will also be responsible for accounting for certain tasks that are not yet transitioned to GBS and for reviewing and implementing process improvement. The Controller is to work closely with the local FP&A team in order to ensure that revenues and costs are projected properly in accordance with US GAAP in budget and actual submissions. The Controller is responsible for review of the P&L and balance sheet , and supporting schedules, to ensure accuracy and completeness of the financials.
• Ensure financial reporting is timely, accurate, reliable, and supported by qualitative analysis
• Ensure all significant transactions are reviewed for appropriate accounting treatment
• Ensure consistency in accounting and adherence to US GAAP and in the case of statutory reporting to UK GAAP
• Oversee monthly close activities performed by GBS, instruct on any judgmental or non-recurring entries to be made and approve certain journals
• Review and approve accounting adjustments such as credit memos, write-offs, disposals
• Review monthly P&L with the FP&A team to ensure completeness and accuracy and instruct GBS on any corrections or adjustments to be made
• Review balance sheet variance analyses, rollforward schedules and quarterly/supplemental schedules prepared by GBS Reporting the FD Hub Pack to UK CFO, FDs, and FP&A community.
• Review account reconciliations prepared by GBS and following up on issues with the team
• Review/Prepare account reconciliations for accounts that are managed locally, including investigating, and resolving reconciling items remaining from SAP conversion
• Perform monthly review of open purchase orders
• Review and reconcile monthly payroll
• Maintain relationship with the GBS and ensure that they preserve the integrity of financial records and process transactions accurately and in accordance with local statutory and tax requirements
• Assist the business and outside parties with issue resolution regarding accounts payable and invoicing and collection efforts regarding accounts receivable where necessary
• Manage the statutory reporting process including engaging with external auditors, obtaining supporting documentation from GBS, preparing statutory adjustments, and drafting annual reports
• Manage relationship with external auditors and ensure requirements are met for US GAAP and UK GAAP audits
• Oversee intercompany cross charge process including review of quarterly calculations and true ups
• Support tax processing (including VAT and WHT) and review filings prepared by GBS including VAT returns, PSA returns and tax packs
• Oversee and own execution of local controls and support compliance nee
What are we looking for?
• Experienced UK controller (qualified with preferably 1-5 years PQE)
• Fully qualified with extensive post qualified experience (ACA preferred)
• UK GAAP experience required and US GAAP would be advantageous
• Demonstrable understanding of technical accounting and tax competencies
• SAP and SAP BW experience. Longview and Onesource experience desirable
• Experience statutory accounting and managing audits
• Attention to detail
• Able to work on own initiative
• Ability to deal with tight and changing deadlines, remaining calm under pressure
• Strong self-organisation and ability to prioritise competing demands
• Follows ethical business practices
• Works effectively through job and organisational changes
• MS Office, specifically excel
• Multisite/company experience
• Multicurrency experience
• Working Corporation Tax and VAT knowledge
Media industry experience preferable but not essential
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next