ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Counsel (12m Mat Cover)
Counsel (12m Mat cover)
Reports into: Senior Counsel
Sits in International Consumer Products and Location Based Experienced
Unleash your potential in a place you belong!
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
A key role within the Consumer Products (€˜CP') and Location Based Experiences (€˜LBE') legal team that is responsible for ensuring a fast, efficient, and consistent turnaround time for all deals across all territories whilst providing the business with a high level of professional service at all times.
What will you be doing?
• Managing Business and Legal Affairs Manager(s);
• managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for CP (merchandise, publishing, DTR, content, digital and promotions) and LBE deals globally (liaising directly with VP);
• maintaining relationships internally and externally (i.e. agents and licensees);
• assisting with reports, research, counterfeit sightings, debt collection and litigation matters as required;
• maintaining templates and suggesting updates;
• creating new templates, as requested, for Senior Counsel's review and approval;
• assisting Senior Counsel and/or VP of BALA on special projects as/when instructed;
• assisting other Junior Contracts Managers and Business and Legal Affairs Managers as required; and
• being the point of contact for the BALA team / supervisory role when Senior Counsel and VP not available.
What are we looking for?
• Highly experienced paralegal or 1-4 PQE solicitor;
• management experience strongly preferred;
• experience working in-house preferred, but will consider applicants from private practice background that have had experience managing own caseload and dealing directly with clients;
• strong understanding of IP law;
• confident autonomously drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements and amendments;
• strong commercial awareness
• able to succinctly explain key issues and provide advice/solutions to business teams;
• attention to detail;
• excellent time management;
• accuracy and speed to ensure fast and efficient turnaround times;
• able to cope with demanding workload and maintain high standards under pressure;
• able to work well with other team members, other internal departments, agents and licensees;
• willing and able to assist other team members with drafting contracts/amendments as/when required; and
• providing excellent and professional service at all times.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead.
Inclusivity & Collaboration
We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges.
Agility & Adaptability
We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next.