ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
WHO WE ARE
Paramount is comprised of many of the worldâ€™s most iconic consumer brands that are strong, vibrant and deeply connected to the audiences they serve. Paramount is unleashing the power of content across our studios, networks and streaming products. Our diverse portfolio creates a community of communities providing powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on 5 continents and across more than 180 countries. We have the worldâ€™s attention; we are makers, doers and innovators. We are here for the roar of the crowd, the breaking news, the drama and laughter. Stream now or watch live â€'' both free and pay, we capture every angle and we do it with heart. We want to work together to make culture, mark moments and unleash the power of content.
The Compliance Editor will be working within the team responsible for the compliance of Paramountâ€™s UK and INT portfolio distributed to linear and non-linear audiences across the globe.
The core function involves viewing and editing our catalogue (acquired and commissioned) and to prepare it for todayâ€™s consumer and global standards. The content we publish to all our platforms has to meet various global regulatory obligations as well as be compliant with our own core values. Failure to meet the relevant standards could result in financial penalties or reputational damage to our brands and company.
This is a unique position where the role holder can learn about content compliance and the world of traditional and non-linear broadcasting. Training will be offered.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
• Viewing and editing of Paramountâ€™s global content pipeline.
• Provide advice on compliance with broadcasting/publishing regulations to production teams (in-house/external) & programming teams
• Ensure that Compliance is abreast of all commissions through the various stages of production
• Give pre-acquisitions guidance for 3rd party content.
• Making detailed compliance notes of what has been edited.
• Fixing any technical issues including flashing images.
• Refer up and seek practical and timely advice on compliance issues.
• Ensure best practice in applying appropriate signposting, content warnings and age restrictive classifications in relation to regulatory boundaries.
• Awareness of the wider social impact of content viewed.
• Making sure that correct metadata sets are applied in asset management system/s.
• Initiate and engage in team discussions on regulatory or editorial matters.
• Embrace and encourage collaboration and team working.
• Be an ambassador for all of Paramountâ€™s output, internally and externally.
• Adopt and promote the Paramount values and support a culture of inclusion.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Education to degree level preferred.
• Editing experience is necessary: Premiere Pro, QC knowledge in order to identify technical issues and fix them in the edit process.
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and ideally used to working with databases.
• Knowledge of Ofcom (Broadcast & ODPS) & BBFC guidelines.
• An understanding of different cultures and sensitivities with a global perspective.
• Initiative and the ability to be pro-active are essential.
• Teamwork is essential and referrals up are necessary.
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Optimism & Determination: We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
• Inclusivity & Collaboration: We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
• Agility & Adaptability : We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create whatâ€™s next
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Flexible Benefits Program: Youâ€™ll be able to tailor some benefits to meet your personal circumstances (After 3 months, annual thereafter)
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (After 3 months)
• Life Assurance: 4 x salary (From date of joining)
• Group Income Protection: 60% of salary less state benefits (From date of joining)
• Season Ticket Loan: Weâ€™ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, weâ€™ll pay £20 (gross per month) towards your bill (After 3 months)
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, weâ€™ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Benefits: We offer discounts to dental plans, Gyms membership just to mention a couple
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate