ViacomCBS Networks InternationalLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it's our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Please be aware, this role is a 12 month FTC
Is this the role for you?
Are you an experienced acquisition professional with a passion for world class content?
Do you want to work for one of the worlds leading entertainment brands?
What will you be doing?
The ViacomCBS programming team are looking for an experienced multi-genre Acquisitions Manager to review and make recommendations for the acquisition of programming for Channel 5's portfolio of channels. You will be able to formulate offers and negotiate rights.
The role is a crucial part of the Acquisitions team in finding and securing the very best content across all of our channels. You will have a keen editorial eye and be adept at forging and maintaining strong internal and external relationships at all levels. You must be a team play and used to working to tight deadlines and managing multiple negotiations concurrently.
• Make recommendations on a range of programming for potential acquisition by any of the Channel 5 portfolio of channels and communicate decisions to distributors
• Manage relationships with key content providers
• Contribute to large studio deal packages
• Use audience insight to inform decision making
• Formulate offers and negotiate strong rights positions across the portfolio
• Manage approval paperwork (BBAM) and ROI where needed for all deals submissions
• Meet with external distributors and production companies to source programming
• Research and source programming in accordance with channel requirements, keeping abreast of UK and International programming trends for possible acquisition
• Where necessary manage the reversioning of non-scripted content
• Produce viewing reports
• Liaise with a range of internal departments such as Compliance, Publicity, Planning/Scheduling, Press & Marketing to ensure all information is supplied to them
• Responsible for marketing briefs and subsequent sign off of promos
• As required attend acquisition markets and festivals both in the UK and abroad
• Work with marketing and creative teams devising and signing off on all trails for acquired series output in conjunction with Director of Programmes, Digital Controller and Senior Director Acquisitions
• Embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach and encourage collaboration and team working
• Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
• Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What are we looking for?
• Strong experience of acquiring in multiple genres
• Understanding and insight of where to play in the schedule (daytime v peak late peak)
• Excellent negation skills
• Proven experience in understanding rights including holdbacks, SVOD and AVOD rights, windowing opportunities, utility
• Understanding of TV channel budgets
• Deal making experience with studio and non-studio distributor
• Extensive knowledge of the complete ViacomCBS portfolio including Channel 5
• Ability to identify acquisitions opportunity across the ViacomCBS portfolio
• Knowledge of WON
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
• We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
• We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
• We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next