ViacomCBS Global Distribution GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group, we are the leading distributor of premium content across multiple media platforms throughout the global marketplace! We are seeking a mid-level executive (Sr. Counsel) to join our Legal Department. The position will be based in Hollywood, CA and will report to the SVP, Business Affairs & Legal. Major responsibilities will include:
• Structure, negotiate, document, and manage television and film distribution license agreements for ViacomCBS properties including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Television Studios, CBS Studios, CBS News, SHOWTIME Networks and Viacom brands with a focus on basic television, free television, SVOD, and FVOD.
• Manage all aspects of licensing matters, including advising on strategy and deal structure from term sheet though execution of agreement.
• Maintain responsibility for active agreements. Consult with management, provide legal advice, and liaise with numerous department executives including sales, finance, marketing, labor relations, rights management and contract administration.
• Coordinate review of proposed marketing materials submitted by licensees.
• Such other responsibilities and support as assigned by SVP, Business Affairs & Legal, EVP, Legal Affairs, and other senior leadership in the ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• 5-8 years of legal experience and 3 years of legal experience within the entertainment industry (either in-house or at a top law firm).
• Experience and working knowledge in content licensing/distribution of television and motion picture content.
• Experience and working knowledge in contract interpretation, analysis, and review.
• Experience with liaising and partnering with several executives across multiple departmental functions.
• Superior communication, analytic and writing skills.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects with a keen attention to detail.
• Professional and confident demeanor with a focus on teamwork.
• Ability to execute under time pressure, to perform and manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
JD Required, California Bar or California RIHC eligible. Admission to State Bar of California or New York a plus. Outstanding academic credentials.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive listing of all duties, responsibilities, accountabilities, knowledge or skills associated with this job.
About ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group
ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group is the leading distributor of premium content across multiple media platforms throughout the global marketplace. The division's portfolio is comprised of some of the world's most recognized brands, including feature films and television programs from Paramount Pictures, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, Paramount Animation, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures, CBS News, SHOWTIME Networks and Viacom brands. The division also has the largest distributed library of series and film titles, including global franchises such as ''CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,'' ''NCIS,'' ''Star Trek,'' ''SpongeBob SquarePants,'' ''Transformers,'' ''Mission: Impossible,'' and more. In addition, the division licenses a diverse lineup of scripted and unscripted formats for local production and participates in international co-productions. ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group is a division of ViacomCBS Inc.