Video Acquisitions Manager - 12 Month Ftc
Full Time Job
Desired Start: ASAP
Department: UK Talent & Music
Manager: Label Director dotted line to Programming team
Job Title: Video Acquisitions Manager
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT IS THE ROLE
To oversee the entire, end-to-end music video acquisitions process, including label liaison, data entry, compliance and restrictions liaison, re-edits, carting and caching, as well as meeting organisation across MTV Networks UK channels and International content.
A pivotal role whose principal objective is to ensure that new music content is brought to air as quickly as possible, thereby maximising the ability of the Music Programming teams to compete in a crowded music market.
Reports to the Label Director for the UK, dotted line to Music Programming.
The role has at its core a commitment to educating labels and other content providers about the acquisitions process into MTV Networks.
• Prepare the weekly acquisitions document for both UK and International businesses.
• Liaise with all record companies & content providers to obtain information about current and forthcoming releases and provide feedback when necessary with regard to their content.
• Make sure all Music Programming staff – UK and International – are up to date on arrivals of new videos, new edits and embargoes. Ensure local programmers are clearly informed about International priority videos. Chase new content as requested by Music Programming teams.
• Be proactive in seeking out relevant new content for MTV Networks UK & International, aiming to ensure that we bring important new content to air before our competitors.
• Monitor competitor channels and music video content sites to ensure we have and/or have seen all available music videos they play or publish as additions to their playlists.
• Monitor artist videos and numbers of plays around the world as required by department label reps enlisting help from the department intern.
• Ensure international label contacts are fully updated with regard to TAM international meetings, deadlines and video acquisitions requirements.
• Ensure a Video Submission Form is accurately filled out and filed for each video submission. Maintain and update relevant internal systems as required.
• Liaise with record companies if edits are required to music videos and ensure the correct edits are broadcast.
• Liaise with record companies and content providers to ensure that label information supplied on the Video Submission Forms for all new videos is correct.
• Liaise with compliance Viewing Unit(s) regarding legal restrictions for all music videos requested and ensure that compliance is expedited as quickly as possible for timely edits and broadcast of new content.
• Liaise with the Music & Media Licensing and Legal departments regarding any changes in the Video Submission Forms and data entry processes
• Manage relationship between TAM, Production, MML and Music Programming to obtain information about live performances and enter all relevant information into the Music Video Acquisition Database
• Ensure all live footage excerpted as video clips from MTV events and live filming is correctly processed and carted as and when necessary.
• Act as main point of contact for Fastrax & Promostream, ensuring they are kept informed of our requirements and deal with any problems which may arise.
• Maintain knowledge of the digital acquisitions process and be the main point of contact with the digital acquisitions team.
• Establishing and maintaining a close relationship with the Music Programming team
• Be an active member of the TAM team, working closely with the Label Directors / Manager to acquire exclusive content for the channels. Also taking part in TAM team brainstorms, meetings, presentations as and when required.
• Establishing good relationships with key industry contacts to gain a good understanding of the business by way of good communicating skills, giving feedback when needed, and attending relevant meetings, gigs and events in conjunction with other TAM members.
• Manage a selection of contacts within the music industry that are primarily video acquisitions based.
• Seek to foster a sense of team spirit within Video Acquisitions, elevating the value and importance of this function both internally and externally to the business.
• Maintain a focus on future developments within the world of music video acquisitions, both broadcast and online.
• Consider ways of adapting and streamlining the acquisitions process in line with the industry and company's needs.
• Consistently communicate to the team to ensure market demands/trends are reflected in policies.
• Help the team ensure market demands/trends are reflected in channel output.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Strong knowledge of music videos, both history and video content.
• Proven experience working on one or more established music brands.
• Passionate about music and its diverse audiences.
• Experience of working at a record label, music video production company or media company, thereby having an appreciation of the UK media industry and its structure.
• A fastidious approach, with an impeccable attention to detail necessitated by the nature of acquiring and ingesting content.
• Future focus. Ability to drive improvments and also adapt to changing processes and priorities.
• Some experience of feedback and negotiation skills when dealing with external clients in a previous role.
• Experience of co-ordination between departments and trafficking duties
• A basic awareness of the pop culture, major music scenes, genres, artists, charts, labels and successes of at least the last 5 years.
• Extensive experience with office computer software, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Sheets.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or ju