Vice President, Partnerships, Distribution Business Development
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom’s Distribution and Business Development department is responsible for driving revenue with new and existing partners through the distribution of Viacom Media Networks content. VP will report to the SVP, Partnerships and be a crucial part of the team managing a mix of traditional, digital and new distributor relationships with the responsibility of securing new and existing revenue.
• Lead negotiations with traditional, digital and new distributors from proposals through negotiations.
• Requires VP to have a strategic viewpoint about deals for internal approval, pitch the deal to the partner, and lead the execution of the partnership both internally and externally.
• Support SVP with large partner negotiations through managing internal relationships with Legal, Strategy, Marketing and Operations as well as knowing the existing contracts and partner specific data.
• Develop and manage relationships both internally and externally to advance the goals of driving revenue and building partnerships.
• Account management responsibility for both existing and new accounts. This entails both building and nurturing relationships with client counterparts as well as overseeing all day-to-day obligations with such accounts. The VP should be responsive, solutions oriented and proactive both internally and externally.
• Represent client point of view internally with peers and stakeholders at Viacom.
• Lead account specific strategy and relationship management, both internally and externally.
• Oversee reporting, data collection and analysis for all key accounts, including proactively identifying areas of opportunity and improvement.
• Identify and assess new business opportunities with new accounts and areas within existing accounts to drive incremental revenue streams.
• Develop and communicate insights on key issues within the industry, including account specific information and analyzing quarterly earnings reports.
• 10 years of work experience, including sales or business development experience
• Pre-existing distribution deal experience, demonstrated knowledge of the content distribution landscape, both traditional and digital
• Bachelor's Degree
• MBA preferred
• Exceptional people skills – including skills required to build and maintain excellent client relationships
• Expertise in PowerPoint and presentation writing
• Outstanding written and oral communication
• Expertise in project management
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to proactively prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Experience working across large organizations
• Goal-oriented team player
• Interest and passion for technology and media
• Ability to thrive, adapt and re-prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Extremely proactive and results oriented approach to all tasks
• Proven ability to think strategically and analytically