Vice President, New Business, Distribution
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom’s Distribution and Business Development (DBD) team is responsible for all content distribution ranging from affiliate agreements with MVPDs and virtual MVPDs, library licensing to SVOD, new D2C/B2B2C services, and working with mobile and social platforms and emerging distributors.
Given the dynamic content ecosystem, we are adding a new role to the team to focus solely on pro-active idea generation, prospecting, and product brainstorming in order to drive new business, new relationships, and new consumer touchpoints with third parties.
This critical new role will provide you with the opportunity to develop and shape new partnerships, working collaboratively with the existing distribution team and across Viacom’s brands. The role will be based in New York City and report to the EVP, Distribution Strategy, Operations and New Business.
• Lead New Business function responsible for identifying and prospecting for new cross-company business opportunities. This could include new distribution partnerships across any platform (e.g., connected cars, mobile/5G, retail, out of home)
• Identification and instigation of incremental opportunities with existing partners
• Brainstorming and pitching of new products with new or existing partners to extend the availability and monetization of Viacom content
• Identifying other business opportunities
• Lead creation of strategic framework to prioritize and drive the partnerships and/or products, to include development and setting of measurable metrics for performance evaluation (e.g., number of new deals, revenue, reach, etc.)
• Coordinate closely with numerous existing roles and internal constituents:
• Existing deal/partnership functions: partnering with existing teams for opportunities with pre-existing relationships (e.g., new product pitch with MVPDs requires hand-in-glove partnership with MVPD account team)
• Channels: for channel specific opportunities, close integration with channel business functions
• Functional areas: corporate development, ad sales, etc.
• Other relevant deal teams: Pluto, Viacom Digital Studios, Viacom International Media Networks, etc.
• Track new business activity across deal teams to ensure alignment of activity taking place across DBD and other relevant Viacom teams
• Bachelor's Degree; MBA preferred
• 10 years relevant business experience
• Significant business development experience
• Experience developing and launching new products via partnerships, including developing sustainable economic models
• Proven track record of creative partnerships, deals, product launches, etc.
• Self starter
• Highly collaborative and experienced at working in matrixed environment