Vice President, Deal Structuring and Planning
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Media Networks Distribution and Business Development department (“DBD”) is responsible for driving revenue with new and existing digital distributors (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, Amazon) and multichannel video distributors (e.g., AT&T, Comcast, Charter, Verizon) through the distribution of Viacom Media Networks programming. The Company is seeking a VP with exceptional demonstrated business acumen as well as deal structuring and negotiation experience to serve as a key member of the cross-functional Deal Structuring & Planning group within DBD, which combines expertise from Partnerships, Finance and Business & Legal Affairs, and drives the analysis, planning, strategy and execution of key deal terms for all major Viacom Media Networks distribution deals. The VP will dual report to the SVPs of Deal Structuring & Planning.
• Formulate key terms, including carriage and economics, for linear network distribution deals across all key MVPD and digital accounts, including all related analysis, strategizing and planning.
• Structure agreements across key partners in line with overall DBD goals and strategy.
• Lead creation of C-suite decks for key deal-related structuring and economic considerations and updates.
• Regularly liaise with the DBD Partnerships, Finance, and Business & Legal Affairs teams , as well as other departments within Viacom, to drive and synthesize analysis and planning and ensure execution of deals in line with company strategies.
• Be a leading voice within the department and the company regarding overall distribution strategy and for individual deal/account strategy.
• 10 years of relevant work experience; preferably in content distribution or acquisition, at a programmer, studio or a distributor.
• Bachelor’s degree, JD or MBA preferred
• Deep understanding of the media business, including key players, business models, competitive forces, and strategic issues.
• Creative, strategic and analytical thinker and problem solver. Thinks out of the box and is able to comfortably identify solutions to ambiguous issues.
• Advanced experience as a key team member of complex deal negotiations in excess of several hundred millions of dollars.
• Comfortable structuring, interpreting and overseeing drafting of contracts.
• Demonstrated ability to review, interpret and synthesize complex financial analyses.
• Solid reputation as a leader
• Proven executive level written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence others’ points of view and/or create consensus.
• Experience managing, coaching and developing a team
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Exceptional business acumen