Sr. Manager, Production Finance
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Production Finance jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Sr. Manager, Production Finance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Manager, Production Finance?
Full Time Job
Sr. Manager, Production Finance, Nick Animation Studios
The Sr. Manager Production Finance for Nick Animation Studios & Features is a position that assists in the financial oversight and management of the budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reporting for original animation programming for both studio sale and theatrical releases (in-house and 3rd party productions).
The position is responsible for setting departmental strategic priorities and overseeing day-to-day production finance activities, including collaborating with Content and Production Management leaders to identify any related business risks, and partnering with the Sr. Director, Animation Production Finance and VP, Production Finance to assess those risks against planned operating budgets.
The Sr. Manager will also ensure timely communication and collaboration with K&F content leaders, Programming Finance and Production Management, as necessary.
The role will also be responsible for managing, motivating and developing any production accountants assigned to Nick Animation original programming project.
• Support original in-house studio production and 3rd party production across the K&F Studio and Features businesses in a wide variety of formats including hour and half-hour scripted union series, unscripted series, features, animation, pilots, and development.
• Ensure accurate review and tracking of show budgets and production spend across productions and establish seamless communications of estimated final costs to the Senior Director, Production Finance.
• Build and maintain programming cash flow forecasts for all active and future productions.
Maintain accurate cash flow estimates to ensure cash flow is accurately reported.
• Update the Longview planning systems for all cash planning and provide variance explanations to prior forecasts and Budget.
• Work with production finance team to improve development reporting to ensure clear and accurate reports are periodically presented to Nickelodeon Studio & Features Leaders to best support them in decisions on planned development spending.
• Lead the quarterly process of EFC vs Cash analysis to ensure any material variances are address in a timely manner.
• Work closely with executives in various departments concerning show level issues, including
Production, Business & Legal Affairs, Labor Relations, Corporate Accounting, Tax, and Treasury.
• Work with Content teams on production tax incentives, as required.
• Ensure accurate reporting and identification of any risks and opportunities, and communicating all information to the relevant parties.
• Oversee production budget review and production post-mortems, including gathering episode delivery information, production cash flow planning/analysis and variance explanations for senior leaders of the Kids & Family Group.
• Collaborate with Nickelodeon programming finance to manage requests from the Controller team regarding animation and studio balance sheet items, production cash flows, journal entries, etc. and internal/external audit requests as necessary.
• Prepare other ad hoc analytics and reporting as requested by K&F Production Finance Lead and/or K&F CFO.
• Recruit, manage, motivate and develop the Production Accounting team by fostering professional impact and a culture of feedback, development, support and growth. Promote a positive work environment demonstrating respect for colleagues at all levels.
• Minimum 5-7 years in production accounting or finance, financial analysis and/or previous experience in corporate accounting/finance.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred.
• Prior experience in the entertainment industry, specifically animated film and TV production ideal.
• Ability to forge partnerships with producers, production managers and studio executives.
• Efficiency, speed, accuracy, pro-active approach to job, and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
• Pay close attention to detail and have the ability to understand the bigger picture and relevance.
• Works well under pressure and completes (both individual and joint) projects on a timely basis.
• Adhere to confidential nature of highly sensitive material.
• Excellent leadership, teamwork, critical thinking and communication skills.
• Highly proficient in Excel and presentation skills.
• Experience with Local 839, SAP and Longview Solutions a plus.
• A willingness to work as part of a team and cover other roles as necessary.
• Ability to solve problems/be inquisitive, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to efficiently work-from-home, as necessary, be improvement oriented and have an innovative perspective.