Sr. Business Analyst
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you interested in being part of a fast-paced technology team at a leading entertainment company? Viacom is looking for a Business Analyst (BA) to support to support the Media and Technology Services organization, specifically within the Content Platform.
This Business Analyst position will have heavy impact and high visibility to essential, business-critical processes, and will be responsible for supporting products used to deliver content to partners such as Apple, Amazon, and Google. Here, you will have a hands-on role that will engage with one or more product and engineering teams to elicit, manage and own requirements for one or more enterprise products, services and processes.
The primary goal for this individual will be to understand business and system processes within the Content Platform Delivery and Operations. The person will work with customers across Viacom Media Networks (VMN), Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), and Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC). Specifically, the business analyst will:
• Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and engineers by translating business requirements into technical requirements that are in alignment with business strategy and objectives
• Work with business users to ensure the product is effective and that we are constantly improving our product
• Participate in planning, working with Product Managers, Project Managers, and Engineers to estimate effort for requirements and provide input to the prioritization of stories for development.
• Create, own, and refine user stories.
• Research, design, and document processes and systems for the enhancement, development, and maintenance of Viacom’s enterprise Content API
• Decompose features and requirements into user stories including acceptance criteria. Continue to decompose user stories in order to fit into sprints.
• Partner with product managers to develop and refine backlogs.
• Actively participate and coach during Agile activity meetings, including Scrum, Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning to help identify risks and impediments, escalating as necessary.
• Support all rollout activities that are critical for making projects successful – business training, documentation, user hand holding, etc.
• Explore opportunities to implement efficiencies on existing business processes
• Gather and prepare business requirements for new and existing systems and / or business processes
• Escalate important issues to the attention of the Manager so that decisions can be made promptly.
• Foster collaboration among stakeholders and partners
• 5 - 7 years of prior experience delivering requirements as a Business Analyst
• 3 years Agile/iterative product development methodology
• Media/Entertainment experience a plus
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to both understand the high-level business strategy and scan the landscape for potential issues on which the team should focus
• Established history working with technology solutions that improve content delivery and operational processes
• Experience with system migrations, including data and configuration migration
• Strong understanding of API development and consumption
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Strong knowledge of content and metadata delivery
• Exceptional lean yet concise project documentation discipline
• Demonstrated ability to deliver business-oriented solutions, across a portfolio of projects
• Established project management skills including familiarity with project scheduling and tracking documents
• Ability to apply the following tools in project management tasks and high-level business modeling: Balsamiq, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, Jira, Bubble, Word Press