Senior Technical Support Representative
Full Time Job
The Technical Support Representative (TSR) reports to a Manager or Director of Technical / Customer Service. The Technical Support Representative will provide the expertise required to maintain and support various IT systems, adhering to strategic department and company standards. The Technical Support Representative will provide a high level of customer service, advanced technical support for end user software and hardware, as well as network, server, and telecommunications support as needed. They will also assist in the management of the Technical/Customer Service and Support groups and dedicate a sizable portion of her/his time to technical project work:
• Provide second level support to the divisional community for software, hardware, and various infrastructure related issues.
• Function as a technical resource for MTS departments on individual projects initiated by customers, Manager of Technical Service or the Director of Customer Service.
• Perform project management of Rollouts of new software/hardware to ensure consistency in MTS technical standards.
• Provide support for standard and custom application portfolio suite.
• Assist and lead various infrastructure projects, as well as any support and maintenance that may be required (this includes desktop, server, telecom, and networking).
• Provide video conference setup support and basic troubleshooting.
• In-depth knowledge of current MTS hardware and software standards, network topology and desktop standards.
• Ability to follow through on support related issues with customers, vendors, and MTS staff.
• Act as liaison between business community and MTS personnel.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Contribute to New Technology discussions.
• B.A./B.S. in a computer science related field (or) 2 years experience in system administration and support.
• Exceptional experience supporting all Mac Operating Systems.
• Exceptional experience supporting all Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suites, including Outlook/Exchange.
• Strong knowledge of Help Desk ticketing software (i.e. ServiceNow).
• Strong knowledge of PC and MAC systems, laptops, and printer hardware.
• Ability to troubleshoot remote technologies (i.e. VPN, Citrix, and wireless solutions).
• Strong desire to help others (customer service), positive attitude, excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
• Ability to independently troubleshoot new technologies as they emerge (including software).
• Proven track record of being detail oriented, with outstanding follow-through.
• Support for smartphones and tablets
• Strong knowledge of Cisco phone topology