Senior Storage Engineer
Full Time Job
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The role sits within a small, dynamic team that pride themselves on being proactive and efficient in delivering core server infrastructure globally to help Viacom maintain their Media Networks.
The team is made up of energetic, ambitious people who bring flexibility and reliability in the way they work, acting as key members of the larger Media and Technology Services globally.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
The Senior Storage Engineer will provide support through the VIMN storage platforms as well as working to develop and continuously improve them. Working within International MTS team, you’ll provide key hands-on storage knowledge and support, being the point owner of the storage systems used within VIMN and delivering sound solutions.
The role will involve:
• Taking primary responsibility for the day-to-day maintenance, development, and systems administration of VIMN’s storage platform, both current and future, leveraging on-prem hardware and cloud
• Delivering against the business’s strategic objectives that utilise/maximise the overall technology infrastructure
• Proving a point of escalation for all issues pertaining to the availability, security and performance of all SAN storage, in both the production and development/QA environment
• Maintaining a technical understanding of the security layers and standards those are appropriate for the risks faced by the business
• Providing technical competencies and in-depth knowledge for the areas deemed important by the business
• Participating in service relationships with third party vendors and other providers in order to ensure maximum performance and availability for all VIMN storage
• Promoting best of breed and continuous innovation of the storage platform
• Providing all support lines as required by the business
• Delivering project-based activities, complying at all times with Project Management standards
• Maintaining and providing input to the technology strategy that
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
You’ll have either experience of or a keen interest in larger storage infrastructure including VMWare, BRS, Cloud, Solaris and the like.
Ideally, you’ll hold EMC/HP/Pure training certification and will also have formal training in analysis tools and techniques as well as the following:
• The ability to generate and implement procedures
• Fantastic communication skills and the ability to communicate with not only the IS team but staff at all levels across the business
• Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently, setting your own agenda and effectively prioritising work
• Thoroughness and a real eye for detail
• The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and work under pressure
• A creative streak
In turn, we’ll offer you the opportunity t o experience life as part of the world’s leading entertainment broadcast company and become involved with innovative technologies and working practices whilst building your career.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
We offer some fantastic benefits such as:
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Creativity: Push beyond the expected
• Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
• Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
• Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
• Collaboration: Work together as one team
• Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
• Trust: Assume best intentions
• Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
• Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.